In Memory of Ned T Elbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    Uhhhhhh, that would be Skates or Yoops job. Neds job would be assembling the crowd.
    I stand corrected good sir! :-)

Originally posted by DanO View Post
    LOL. Very true, Malto. I thought similar when I read YT's post.
    Great minds think alike! Must be the Michigan water! :-D

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• RIP Ned (and others)

Was Ned T Elbows his real name? And if not, who, or what was Ned T Elbows?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Ned was a very colorful character who hailed from the Big Sky state of Montana.

Ned was not his real name. He was very wise and posted in dialect (very similar to a native Louisiana southern drawl).

He was famous for adding an additional thought after stating his point using the term "P and S" so if you ever see that, it is a tribute to him.

Many of us were lucky to meet him in person as he came to a Forum game and became legendary for his ability to consume adult beverages.

Soon after that he passed away suddenly and is still greatly missed by the old timers that were able to banter back and forth with him.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thanks for that MM. But what is the meaning of Ned T Elbows? What was the reason for that? Was that a joke name for an NFL player or something?

And I have seen "pands" written out before on here..... Mostly by Panoptes.....,, I thought it was a signature for him. LOL!! I've never bothered to ask. So what exactly does the "pands" mean? Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass with many questions but these are questions I've been meaning to ask.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• So what exactly does the "pands" mean?
              It's a play on "ps" (post script - an added on thought) P and S = PandS = PS
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Punk
                Ass
                Non
                Descript
                Shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Thanks for that MM. But what is the meaning of Ned T Elbows? What was the reason for that? Was that a joke name for an NFL player or something?

And I have seen "pands" written out before on here..... Mostly by Panoptes.....,, I thought it was a signature for him. LOL!! I've never bothered to ask. So what exactly does the "pands" mean? Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass with many questions but these are questions I've been meaning to ask.
                  The handle Ned T Elbows was a parody on a literary character. I am not well read enough to give you the actual name of the character, just remember it being discussed before.

Comment

• Ah ok. Got it.

Makes me think of my sons 9 year old soccer school he attended. ...,,, Phil & Steve soccer school ....., was written P and S Football school.

Edit, ok, thanks MM. He certainly left his impression on you guys. I wish I'd have had the pleasure to have a conversation with him. I'm thinking we'd have had difficulty understanding each other though. Lol.
                    Last edited by Marko69; March 21, 2013, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Ah wow, Ned was from Montana? I really missed out...
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Ned was a special person. Truly wise.

Comment

• Read wise quite a lot now. Was Ned wise in general, or was he wise regarding American sports etc?

Comment

• In general.

Comment

• Yep
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• +2

Comment

Working...
                                X