No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder that the personal BS will not be tolerated in this thread. Take it to the off-season thread if you must continue or just ignore eachother.
    Dogs rule.

Comment

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/06...training-camp/
      Raiders to practice vs. Lions at training campUPDATE: The Raiders confirmed the practices with the Lions Friday morning, with a detailed training camp schedule to come at a later date.The last time the Raiders practiced against a different team during camp was 2014, when they had two lively sessions against the Dallas Cowboys in Oxnard which included player scuffles and an incident along one field where fans got involved.

The last opponent to visit Napa was the 49ers under Mike Singletary in 2009 while the Raiders were being coached by Tom Cable. Those sessions were memorable because of the Raiders offense struggling with quarterback JaMarcus Russell and the 49ers intercepting seven passes.

Other preseason opponents for the Raiders include the Los Angeles Rams on the road Aug. 18, a home game against the Green Bay Packers Aug. 24 and the Seattle Seahawks in Oakland on Aug. 30.

The Raiders hold their final OTA session open to the media Tuesday and have their mandatory veteran minicamp June 12-14. Players are off at that point until the July 26 reporting date in Napa.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ers/692674002/
        Detroit Lions wide receiver TJ Jones: 'I'm loyal to Detroit'

A sixth-round pick in 2014 who spent his entire rookie season on the physically unable to perform list and most of 2016 on the practice squad, Jones emerged as one of the best No. 4 receivers in the NFL last year.
        I think we get caught up with the "grass is greener" mentality as Lions fans. Yes this team has stinked. No doubt about it. Yet, we have pieces that many teams/fan bases dream of.

One being Stafford. Not going there. It's just myopinion.

Another is our WR corp. Our top 3 WRs would all be at least #2s elsewhere. The fourth, TJ Jones, has developed nicely. There were a number of times last year when I was floored at the catches he made. IF he can find a way to get in a full season, or even 14 games, I think the team will let Tate walk, Move Golladay into the starting line-up and install Jones at the slot.

IMHO, we have the best WR CORE in the league. We don't have the best WR, or even a #1 WR. What we do have is 3-4 guys that will be hard to guard with #2 CBs. Does MS get any credit for that?
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Comment

I found the quote funny...
            https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...bag/695121002/

Dave Birkett has one of the least refined palates of anyone I know, I couldn't take Carlos Monarrez's hyperbolic complaining, Nate Atkins sleeps in too late and Michael Rothstein has told me he isn't fond of heat, which rules out way too many destinations and activities.

Comment

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...amp/697309002/
              Lions announce open practice schedule for 2018 training camp

The open practices begin with two season-ticket holder dates, Friday, July 27 and Saturday, July 28. The next six are open to the general public:

Sunday, July 29

Monday, July 30

Wednesday, Aug. 1

Thursday, Aug. 2

Friday, Aug. 3

Saturday, Aug. 4

Monday, Aug. 6

All eight of those practices will be held at 9:30 a.m., with gates opening at 8:30 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                Ha!
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Goes to show he's a miserable little man that won't be happy until he drags everyone into his misery.

Comment

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2018/...ning-the-ball/
                    Mark Schlereth: Lions need to show they value physicality, running the ball

Comment

Why is when linemen leave the Lions they have no problems winning games and even Super Bowls?
                      Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

@ DWT1,....., one possible theory......., and this is only born from reading news articles that spring up while searching Lions news....... the serious crime rate stats is making Detroit and surrounding areas consistently in the top 10 -------> these guys are playing whilst wondering if their house is being ransacked or their wife & kids are being murdered. That's got to put them off slightly.
                        They get a transfer to Seattle and instantly their biggest worry is choosing their favourite coffee house, and they're feckin superstars.

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                          Why is when linemen leave the Lions they have no problems winning games and even Super Bowls?
                          Hmmmmmm. I recall Mike Compton, Jeff Hartings, and Cliff Avril resembling that remark. 2 OL 1 DL. Not sure if there are more guys but, the criteria I am using is getting to a SB (you have to win to get there).

Compton was the most versatile OL we had and they treated him like a backup. He played most games but, he was shuffled around and they were always looking for the permanent replacement wherever he played. He got lowballed and went to NE. No surprise about winning there.

Hartings was always a starter and he was also getting to the contract that he deserved to get paid. He got lowballed also. Went to Pittsburgh. No surprise about winning there.

Avril was also coming up to the contract where he was supposed to get paid. He had injury issues prior to his contract year but played well in his contract year. He was also lowballed but many fans felt his injury history did not warrant the contract he sought. He went to Seattle.

Common theme. Lowballed when they were in line to get paid.

It took several years to replace each one of them because the FO did not value the service they really provided.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

You forgot about Lomas Brown, another guy they treated with disrespect. Went to the Super Bowl with two different teams (Giants Tampa).

Also, Kevin Glover - never made it to the Super Bowl with Seattle, but he was considered one of the best centers in the league.

Then there was Jerry Ball, they got rid of him because he was vocal about his displeasure of the Lions losing.

Think about it, in the 1990s the Lions had an OL made up of Glover, Brown, Hartings, Compton - yet they were blamed for the Lions not winning playoff games.
                            Last edited by dwt1; June 13th, 2018, 08:43 PM.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

Ya, fuck them lions.
                              Chemiclord: Holy shit. DWT can't possibly be THIS dense... Can he?

Comment

No, fuck your excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X