No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just see Johnson more as a late round or UDFA level talent than what the Lions used. We'll see. Anybody can run through big holes
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Detroit Lions' Miles Killebrew, Alex Barrett take new roles in defense

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ety/955486002/
      Year Steve Yzerman entered the NHL - 1983
      It wasn't until 14 years later that he got that trophy.

Comment

• New-look Detroit Lions ready to kick off preseason vs. Oakland Raiders

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...018/949280002/

The Lions look different under Patricia than they did under Jim Caldwell. I can’t say if that’s a good thing or not. Caldwell had nine or more wins in three of his four seasons in Detroit and made the playoffs twice, which is more than most of his predecessors can claim.
        If the senile old man were still alive Caldwell would have a lifetime contract.
        Year Steve Yzerman entered the NHL - 1983
        It wasn't until 14 years later that he got that trophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

You know Guice effed up his knee last night right? To what extent, they haven't shared yet. He was carted off against the Pats.
          I meant pre draft but no i hadn't seen that he was hurt
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            New-look Detroit Lions ready to kick off preseason vs. Oakland Raiders

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...018/949280002/

If the senile old man were still alive Caldwell would have a lifetime contract.
            Have they been working on counting to 11?

nigel+framed.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
              I just see Johnson more as a late round or UDFA level talent than what the Lions used. We'll see. Anybody can run through big holes
              Sounds like AA to me. Yet, you see him totally different. Dyslexia maybe?
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Guice out for the season.
                I’ve been hearing he was going to be their main RB on standard downs. Chris Thompson as the receiving RB.

Sucks... kind of wanted to see Guice play.
                AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Guice out for the season.
                  I’ve been hearing he was going to be their main RB on standard downs. Chris Thompson as the receiving RB.

Sucks... kind of wanted to see Guice play.
                  He had A nice run.
                  SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                    Most olines excel at run block or pass block. It's rare to excel at both because they're opposite techniques. Emmett Smith ... yeah it's inevitable that he comes up with Barry ... but Emmett had a good run blocking line and a mediocre passing line for Aikman who kept getting concussions before it was even cool. The Lions oline was of the passing sort for piss-down-my-leg-in-the-playoffs Scott Mitchell and left Barry to fight for his life.
                    Bullshit - Jeff Harting, Lomas Brown and Kevin Glover were all great run blockers.
                    Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                      Most olines excel at run block or pass block. It's rare to excel at both because they're opposite techniques. Emmett Smith ... yeah it's inevitable that he comes up with Barry ... but Emmett had a good run blocking line and a mediocre passing line for Aikman who kept getting concussions before it was even cool. The Lions oline was of the passing sort for piss-down-my-leg-in-the-playoffs Scott Mitchell and left Barry to fight for his life.
                      That’s all very true. Good post!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Dilly Dilly!

Comment

• Matt Patricia’s attention to detail goes beyond the end zone
                          Posted by Darin Gantt on August 13, 2018, 5:35 AM EDT

AP
                          While not every Bill Belichick lieutenant has left New England and found success as a head coach, Matt Patricia has taken over an already decent Lions team and brought a few classic Patriots traits.

But he also walked in the door with an attention to detail (perhaps you heard he has an engineering background), and made one quick change.

According to Peter King of NBC in Football Morning in America, one of the first things Patricia noticed about the team’s indoor facility was that the practice fields lacked fixed goalposts. They’d just roll out temporary ones for practice and roll them back out of the way afterward.

But Patricia told General Manager Bob Quinn that his quarterbacks and receivers needed them as landmarks, a visual cue of where they were on certain routes. Makes sense, as every field they play on this year will have large yellow poles sticking up from the ground behind the end zones.

So now they have four sets, with two narrow ones (to make kicking more of a challenge) and two standard ones at either end of their two practice fields.

Of course, there are no pithy quotes in the anecdote about what a great idea this was, because Patricia seems to have also installed some of the omerta that the Patriots have prided themselves on. It will work better when they’re successful, but at least no one can accuse of moving the goalposts on the Lions, since they’re in the ground now.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• All the redundant kool-aid stories this summer from the locals and none of them noticed the most obvious difference?

Comment

• Ameer Abdullah's roster spot looks safe
                              MLive's Kyle Meinke believes Ameer Abdullah will make the 53-man roster.

Meinke writes he is "convinced" the final running back spot on the roster is "Abdullah's to lose" after the running back started at both kick and punt returner in the preseason opener. With LeGarrette Blount, Kerryon Johnson, and Theo Riddick locked in atop the depth chart, Abdullah has to make his mark on special teams, and it looks like he is doing just that. Even with his roster spot looking safe, Abdullah is not worth rostering in fantasy leagues.
                              Source: MLive.com Aug 13 - 11:00 AM

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                Matt Patricia’s attention to detail goes beyond the end zone
                                Posted by Darin Gantt on August 13, 2018, 5:35 AM ET

Of course, there are no pithy quotes in the anecdote about what a great idea this was, because Patricia seems to have also installed some of the omerta that the Patriots have prided themselves on. It will work better when they’re successful, but at least no one can accuse of moving the goalposts on the Lions, since they’re in the ground now.
                                WTF?

o·mer·ta

(ō-mûr′tə, ō′mĕr-tä′)
                                n.
                                A rule or code that prohibits speaking or divulging information about certain activities, especially the activities of a criminal organization.

*Well, my bosses aren't going to like this but I'm calling it a day since I learned something new already. OUT!
                                SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

Working...
                                X