Announcement

Collapse

Please support the forum

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold and the commission increases based on the number of items sold in a month. (So even buying a 99 cent MP3 helps!) Bonus this year: Amazon has announced FREE SHIPPING through the holidays!!

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. If you create a wedding or baby registry, the forum earns $3. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Thank you for your support and happy holidays!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

MNF - Jets game/Forum game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNF - Jets game/Forum game?

I unfortunately have missed the past few forum games but I’d like to try to make something happen this year and I really have no excuse not to. Floating the idea of meeting up again. Anyone up for it?
    In Quinn We Trust??

MNF won't work for me.
    I'm a legend in wcfwtf's mind.

Comment

Sorry but, I will never go to a Monday night game again. Too many crazys.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

To clarify, that game is held Monday, September 10th.

I wouldn't mind getting together at a pub to watch it with other Lions fans.
        Dogs rule.

Comment

Me too! I meant I will not tailgate or go into the stadium area.

Comment

Yes, I understood and agree.
            Dogs rule.

Comment

What is this aw aboot then? Does the stadium area get like Edinburgh’s Lothian Road for MNF? Wall to wall arseholes?

Comment

It has a lot to do with the time of the game. Normal is a game that starts at 1 most of these games are OK with minimal pre-during-or post game drunkards. If they get shifted to the 4PM slot, about half time all hell breaks loose outside of the stadium from the people that did not go in but have been drinking all day. Move to a 9PM start and the assholes are in full swing before you even go into the stadium and leaving the stadium requires great vigilance.

Comment

Ah right, I see.

Same reasons why most Hibs v Hearts games are midday Kick offs. Those midweek 7:45pm kick offs though are definitely a bit more tense.
                  First one this season is 7:45pmKO in October. Can’t wait.

Comment

I loved it when we had a 4pm game for the tailgate. Had a lot more time to hang out.

I can see how a night game could be a mess, though.

Comment

Is it easy to get time off in the US for an early tailgate on a work day?

I’m always shocked by how little annual leave you guys have. We have 20-25 plus bank holidays here.

Comment

I think it depends on the job and employer, LondonLion. Sounds like your vacation time is similar to mine, but when I worked in healthcare they were very stingy with time off.
                        Dogs rule.

Comment

I always had lots of time off. I was never below 6 weeks. That's with taking a minimum of two weeks vaca a year.

My kids can't attend a Monday night game. If this game is chosen I won't be in attendance.
                          GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

I don't think there is much support for this game, DanO, no worries.

Dogs rule.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                              Is it easy to get time off in the US for an early tailgate on a work day?

I’m always shocked by how little annual leave you guys have. We have 20-25 plus bank holidays here.
                              Whit??? When?

Think i'll move to London.

Comment

Working...
                              X