No announcement yet.

The Kerryon Johnson thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat how you edit your post before this claim to eliminate the word 'remove'. But it doesn't matter. The recorded YPC for Kerryon in the books have no asteriks to indicate some percentage of runs were less. That is why it is called average ya see. That is what average means. You could play the same game with any player to try and support a stupid take. You could make these stupid claims with any RB. The biggest thing this year holding KJ back was the coaching staff opting not to throw him in the mix enough, for some reason.

Did you know that 48% of Tom Brady passes didn't even get a first down? He's an ineffective quarterback.

Lawrence Taylor actually had less plays where he got a sack than plays where he did. So 74% of the time he was a loser.

See how that works?

It's as stupid as your BS Barry Sanders take.

Beyond stupid.

Originally posted by Derp View Post

17 yards on five carries, one long run of 9 yards. So in other words, 80% of his runs in this game averaged 2.0 ypc.

43 yards on 8 carries, one long run of 21 yards. So in other words 90% of his carries averaged a very Blount like 3.0 ypc (i wonder what happens if you take his second longest carry out). I'm sure that 21 yard carry was impactful to the game and the Lions success, right? Kind of sort of, it ended in a field goal. BTW his longest carry of 6 yards was on that drive too, unfortunetly it was on 3 and 7. But it does illustrate that he did impact a scoring drive. But 75% his carries this game had no impact and averaged a Blount like - 2.7 ypc

Game 3 NE game. One of his two games where he did extremely well and did have an impact on several scoring drives and the success of the game.

Game 4 - 6.11 yards that had to be a great game for him and the Lions - let's see

55 yards on 9 carries, one long run of 32 yards. 90% of his carries averaged 2.85 ypc.

Game 5 - 5.83 ypc carry in a win over GB. Kerryon must have been a factor in that win - lets see

70 yards on 12 Carries, one long run of 24 yards. 92% of his carries averaged 4.2 ypc - for once still pretty good.

Game 6 The Miami game - his best game of the year and by far the game he had the most impact on.

While he scored no TDs, he consistently put Detroit in good third down situations.

Game 8 - 3.08 ypc This a shit sandwhich game all around, it was the 10 sack Minny game.

Game 9 - 3.64 ypc - he scored a TD int his game

In this game 85% of his carries averaged 2.6 ypc.

Game 10 (his last game) - 5.8 ypc This one looks good

Comment

• Just try the ignore button so we can move on with our lives. The forum will be a better place
      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• True

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
          Neat how you edit your post before this claim to eliminate the word 'remove'. But it doesn't matter. The recorded YPC for Kerryon in the books have no asteriks to indicate some percentage of runs were less. That is why it is called average ya see. That is what average means. You could play the same game with any player to try and support a stupid take. You could make these stupid claims with any RB. The biggest thing this year holding KJ back was the coaching staff opting not to throw him in the mix enough, for some reason.

Did you know that 48% of Tom Brady passes didn't even get a first down? He's an ineffective quarterback.

Lawrence Taylor actually had less plays where he got a sack than plays where he did. So 74% of the time he was a loser.

See how that works?

It's as stupid as your BS Barry Sanders take.

Beyond stupid.

What the fuck are you referring to? I did no such thing.

And you're right, there are no astrerics in YPC, but YPC doesn't win games. Keeping drives alive and scoring TD does. Getting long runs and then killing a drive because you followed that long run up with a negative carry is great for getting your YPC up but doesn't help in keeping drives alive (which characterizes his season). See, while your focusing on his lofty averages, I'm focusing on what he contributed to the success of the team. The fact is, Kerryon played in ten games, he was fantastic in two games, had absolutely no positive impact in 7 games and was instrumental in grand total of one drive in the remaining game. And you want more of that as long as his YPC average is good.

But hey, you're sporting wood because his YPC was high, irrespective of if he was EFFECTIVE or not - and he clearly was NOT.

Your comment on Brady, Taylor are totally ignorant - stats don't win games effectiveness does - they were/are effective - that's why they were winners.

As far as Barry, great stats (except in the playoffs were he was a complete no show) but he wasn't effective.

See how that works. Unlike you I look at the entire package, not just the averages, but what they actually did to CONTRIBUTE to the success of the game. But you'll continue to be a bully and criticize me by address just one small point. How fucking pathetic. I asked you to do an analysis to show us how Kerryon contributed to the success of the Lions, you are incapable of doing that. WHY?

to put it in context for you, i’ll Quote Ray Rhodes when he was asked what was his game plan to stop Detroit during the playoff game. He said his game plan was to “ignore Barry, he’ll get his yards but he won’t hurt you”. That’s was Kerryon’s year, he got his yards but he didn’t hurt the other teams.

You got one thing correct in your post.......you truly are beyond stupid.
          Last edited by dwt1; January 12th, 2019, 04:48 AM.
          Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

Working...
          X