Forum Game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Game.

If there's an interest in a Forum Game this year The two dates I have my youngest are 9/23 against the Pats and 10/7 against the Pack. The Jets game is out for me as my two oldest are away at college. They can do Sunday games. Anyone interested place your votes.
    GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Lots of enthusiasm for a Forum Game this year, I see. lol.

Comment

While this year I am going to have the money for a forum game. I have no clue on my schedule.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Well, this is a complex problem including the venue.

The product on the field has made even the most loyal fans weary about buying a ticket. It is agreed however, the friendship that develops as a result of meeting people that shares a common interest, has great value.

With that said, the way the Franchise treats the one game a year fans dictate they do not want our business.

It has been suggested before and is a really good idea that we find a venue that is more friendly to the money you spend to participate.

It was just a matter of time but the City and the Franchise have put a lid on tailgating. This does not come as a surprise. I was embarrassed of the area that we were relegated to last year.

I am all in favor of an optional site to congregate at and it would also open up every game weekend as an option, not just home games.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

The product on the field has made even the most loyal fans weary about buying a ticket. It is agreed however, the friendship that develops as a result of meeting people that shares a common interest, has great value.

With that said, the way the Franchise treats the one game a year fans dictate they do not want our business.

It has been suggested before and is a really good idea that we find a venue that is more friendly to the money you spend to participate.

It was just a matter of time but the City and the Franchise have put a lid on tailgating. This does not come as a surprise. I was embarrassed of the area that we were relegated to last year.

I am all in favor of an optional site to congregate at and it would also open up every game weekend as an option, not just home games.
          So.......everybody is coming to your house?
          Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

Aye, and Dinnae you be gettin pished and trippin ooโ€™er the Hibs gnome ya bawsac!

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

So.......everybody is coming to your house?
              Heh, heh. My house is way too small for the size of our group but, DanO has offered his, and would be an outstanding personal venue. A sports bar/restaurant is also a viable option.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand Mark. There were tailgaters in the spot we wanted to be in last year. I don't see how the city is shutting down tailgating based on where we wound up.

Comment

Do you have a link supporting that? I dont see anything that says the city of detroit has outlawed tailgating (pregame).
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                    I'm not sure I understand Mark. There were tailgaters in the spot we wanted to be in last year. I don't see how the city is shutting down tailgating based on where we wound up.
                    The lot we ended up in last year was an outlier. You have experienced tailgating at the Eastern Market. Tailgating has also taken place at smaller privately owned lots (mostly by Olympia Entertainment) even though the original plan for the stadium prohibited the tailgating in these smaller lots. They have been systematically tightening the areas that they are looking the other way.

......and the first come first serve is no longer in place as someone came along and purchased all of the shed parking which is now off limits to the once a year gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Do you have a link supporting that? I dont see anything that says the city of detroit has outlawed tailgating (pregame).
                      The City of Detroit determined when the Stadium was approved that the only area that tailgaiting will be allowed would be the Eastern Market Area. This was ignored from day one and many of the smaller lots owned by Olympia Entertainment would allow tailgaiting on their property even though it was against City Ordinance. There has been a number of these smaller lots that either are no longer available for Lions games or are posted that tailgating is not allowed. This issue is not tailgating per se, but, tailgating also involves open flames and spent charcoal. Lots that either abuse or make no provisions what so ever for the remnants of a tailgating party become targeted.

Comment

Agreed. Do we even need to go downtown?
                        I'm a legend in wcfwtf's mind.

Comment

Originally posted by UKBB View Post

Where else are you going to see a man in a leopard print felt fedora, riding his hoveround side saddle so he can pee on the curb while holding a bag of white castles?
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by UKBB View Post

Not really.

.......however, it must continue to be acknowledged that anyone that would travel to assemble might believe that anything less than a seat in the stadium is counterfeit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post

Where else are you going to see a man in a leopard print felt fedora, riding his hoveround side saddle so he can pee on the curb while holding a bag of white castles?
                              Were you finally going to attend? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
                              Dogs rule.

Comment

Working...
                              X