Announcement

Collapse

Please support the forum

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold and the commission increases based on the number of items sold in a month. (So even buying a 99 cent MP3 helps!) Bonus this year: Amazon has announced FREE SHIPPING through the holidays!!

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. If you create a wedding or baby registry, the forum earns $3. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Thank you for your support and happy holidays!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

2018-19 NCAAF Prospect Notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    UG Senior Linebacker

#15 was everywhere on D against Alabama in the SEC championship game. At 6'3", 245#, I'm interested in his draft trajectory. He seems like silky smoove prospect.
    ​​​​​​https://georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3145
    smoove?
    If you clean out a vacuum cleaner you become a vacuum cleaner

Comment

Silky smoove foo.
      SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham declares for draft

Posted by Charean Williams on December 4, 2018, 7:28 PM EST
        Getty Images

Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham will skip his final year of eligibility, having declared for the NFL draft Tuesday.

He announced the decision on his Twitter account, expressing his thanks to the school before adding, “That being said, I have decided to enter the 2019 NFL Draft. I love Auburn and am a proud alumni. War Eagle Forever.”

Stidham will play in the Music City Bowl against Purdue, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said in a statement to beat reporters.

Stidham started his career at Baylor but left after the 2015 season following Art Briles’ firing amid the school’s sexual assault scandal. He sat out a year, attending junior college but not playing, before transferring to Auburn.

Stidham completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,421 yards, 13 touchdowns and five interceptions this season.

In his three-year career, he completed 64 percent of his passes for 6,844 yards with 43 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Will Grier, Jarrett Stidham added to Senior Bowl rosters

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 6, 2018, 6:17 AM EST
          Getty Images

In four weeks, 62.5 percent of the NFL with shift fully into 2019 evaluation mode, and preparing for next year’s draft.

And as they make their reservations for Mobile, Ala., they’ll have a chance to see two of the top quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl.

According to AL.com, The all-star game announced 34 additions to the rosters yesterday, including West Virginia quarterback Will Grier and Auburn’s Jarrett Stidham.

Those two will join a good group of passers including Northwestern’s Clayton Thorson, North Carolina State’s Ryan Finley, Washington State’s Gardner Minshew and Penn State’s Trace McSorley.

The full rosters for the game can be seen here.

Grier earned some mentions as a Heisman hopeful before the season, and he put up big numbers for the Mountaineers, completing 67 percent of his passes for 3,864 yards, with 37 touchdowns and eight touchdowns.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...rd/2233107002/ Justin Rogers' Detroit Lions 2019 NFL Draft 'Big Board'

Comment

7 players the Lions could take with a top-five NFL draft pick

Comment

Good list by POD's Justin R. Imo, too many overrated UM players though.

He clearly watches college football in the Eastern time zone because he only knows of the already well known prospects in the West.
                Last edited by Panoptes; December 7th, 2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

NOLA.com file photo
                  Greedy Williams

Position: Cornerback

Size: 6-foot-3, 183 pounds

School: LSU

Breakdown: Man, the Teez Tabor misfire hurts. Just two years after burning a second-round pick on him, Detroit probably has to spend another early pick on a cornerback. Darius Slay is still around, but there's nothing but question marks behind him in a secondary that has allowed the second-worst QB rating in the league. This draft won't offer a lot of depth, either, but it is top-heavy with some elite talent. And there's no one better than Williams. Listed at 6-foot-3, he has that rangy frame that Detroit craves in cornerbacks. He can run, too. He's smart. He allowed a 43.0 QB rating for his career, and did it while playing in the SEC, which Bob Quinn has put a premium on in past draft prospects. There's a lot to like about the idea of Slay locking down one side of the field with his speed, and Williams the other side with his size. Get ready to hear a lot about Greedy in the coming months, because it's a fit that makes a whole lot of sense.
                  MP/PP defense is predicated on having good coverage first and then closing in on the QB.

Comment

I know it's early.....but I'm backing the kid from Clemson at this point. Great overall athelete

Comment

I don't believe the Lions will pick even top 10 because they're going to SHOW us how tough they are by winning a couple more games that TELLS us they are not quitters.

While also proving just how effin stoopid they are during the process.

They've already done little enough to SHOW us fans that they are not good. We do not need anyone but our own eyes to TELL us that.

But nooooooo SOL

Comment

Looking at all the teams currently with a top 12 slot, most will go no better then 1-3 over the last four. If the Lions win 2 or more, they will probably be picking in the teens.

They would be almost assured a top ten (if not top 5 since the Vikes will probably house them) if they lose the next 2 against the Cards and Bills, respectively.

Comment

Thanks for spelling it out but I knew that without even looking.

I figure the Lions to win in AZ and they will show depleted GB just how much better they are than them in a useless game.

Hoping I'm wrong but I don't control the immovable force known as, SOL.
                          Last edited by Panoptes; December 7th, 2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Thanks for spelling it out but I knew that without even looking.

I figure the Lions to win in AZ and they will show depleted GB just now much better they are than them in a useless game.

Hoping I'm wrong but I don't control the immovable force known as, SOL.
                            Yup. If they lost out they would be top 3. So they'll end up 13th or worse. Just enough to appease their unwitting fan base for now. Torment to come in 2019.

Comment

Hey G,

What's your thoughts on Brian Burns, DE FSU?

Comment

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                Hey G,

What's your thoughts on Brian Burns, DE FSU?
                                Sorry, no opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X