Announcement

Collapse

Please support the forum

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold and the commission increases based on the number of items sold in a month. (So even buying a 99 cent MP3 helps!) Bonus this year: Amazon has announced FREE SHIPPING through the holidays!!

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. If you create a wedding or baby registry, the forum earns $3. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Thank you for your support and happy holidays!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

Lions (-1) enter the desert..... Gameweek Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lions disclose back injury for Matthew Stafford

Posted by Mike Florio on December 5, 2018, 8:08 PM EST

Getty Images

As the Lions prepare for a trip to Arizona and a game that should be considerably easier than recent losses to the Bears and Rams, the starting quarterback is dealing with an injury.

Wednesday’s practice report reveals that Matthew Stafford has a back injury.

Stafford would have been limited in practice, if the Lions had conducted a full practice. They conducted a walk-through practice, however.

Not practicing, if there had been a practice, were running back Kerryon Johnson (knee), linebacker Trevor Bates (ankle), and linebacker Devon Kennard (hip).

Others who would have been limited in practice include defensive end Ezekiel Ansah (neck), running back Nick Bellore (ankle), receiver Bruce Ellington (back), receiver Kenny Golladay (quadricep), and receiver Brandon Powell (calf). Tight end Michael Roberts (shoulder) would have fully participated.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

It's a goddamn M*A*S*H unit.

Comment

Guess having to try and carry the offense all year has finally taken its toll.

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Guess having to try and carry the offense all year has finally taken its toll.
          Thats not a back injury, he's actually seeking professional help to get rid of the Aaron Donald recurring nightmares (and daymares) he's experienced since Sunday afternoon.
          Can't have that released for PR reasons of course.......

Comment

Behind Enemy Lines: Lions provide chance for Cardinals to win at home

BY ARIZONA SPORTS
            DECEMBER 4, 2018 AT 12:40 PM

Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (9) warms up before an NFL football game against the Chicago Bears Sunday, Nov. 11, 2018, in Chicago. (AP Photo/David Banks)

With two more home games on the Arizona Cardinals’ 2018 schedule, the Week 14 matchup against the Detroit Lions might be the Cardinals’ best chance to pick up another win at State Farm Stadium.

The Lions have struggled to a 4-8 record this season and have lost five of their last six games. However, the combined record of those five opponents is 40-19-1.

Detroit sits a half-game behind the Green Bay Packers for last place in the NFC North and unloaded receiver Golden Tate at the trade deadline to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Tate was traded five games ago but still ranks second on the team in receiving yards.

Although playoff aspirations for both teams are all but dashed, there is still a lot for them to play for with two first-year head coaches who have plenty yet to prove.

Here’s more of what’s happening in Motown as Matt Patricia and the Lions prepare for Steve Wilks and the Cardinals for a Week 14 tilt in the desert.

Tuesday, December 4

Where has Matthew Stafford’s fourth-quarter magic gone for Detroit Lions? (Detroit Free Press)

Matthew Stafford has led 33 game-winning fourth quarter drives in his career and leads the NFL with 21 such drives since 2014. This season, however, the QB has struggled in the fourth quarter committing eight fourth quarter turnovers and four in his last two games.

Lions back to losing ways in Matt Patricia’s first season (CBS Detroit)

Like the Cardinals, the Lions are experiencing life with a first-year head coach. Matt Patricia took over for Jim Caldwell at the start of this season and is in danger of finishing with a worse winning percentage than any of Caldwell’s four seasons in Detroit.

The Lions went had two playoff berths and three winning seasons during Caldwell’s tenure. They finished .500 or below in 12 of the previous 13 seasons before Caldwell was hired and must win out to avoid that fate this season.

Detroit Lions: Offensive firepower running on empty (Side Lion Report)

The Lions offense struggled to generate much of a threat to the Los Angeles Rams in Week 13 and failing to generate offense is becoming a trend for the Lions as of late.

Offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter might be on the hot seat and if the Cardinals defense gives Detroit some trouble, the Cardinals could be responsible for a fired coach in back-to-back weeks.

Lions LT Taylor Decker trying to recover first TD ball (ESPN.com)

Offensive tackle Taylor Decker caught a touchdown pass from Matthew Stafford against the Rams last week and launched the ball into the crowd in celebration.

Later, Decker would regret tossing the ball and reached out on social media to get the ball back. It would appear he might get lucky.

Ex-Lions GM Matt Millen needs heart transplant ‘fairly soon’ (ESPN.com)

Former Lions general manager Matt Millen has been suffering from amyloidosis and has been waiting for a heart transplant for 68 days. He will have to wait in the hospital until he receives a new heart.

Millen played linebacker in the NFL for 12 seasons.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ghandi View Post
              Lions played there a couple of seasons ago and were favored, then played absolutely awful...I think they had like -6 yards rushing or something like that.....Unless they get a slew of Cardinal turnovers or alot of beneficial calls i dont see them winning unless its 10-9 or something like that.
              Cardinals lost their 5 starting o-linemen (to begin 2018) for the season. They lost their 2nd best WR, Christian Kirk, for the season.
              Cardinals are led by rookie Josh Rosen.

Lions losing this would be a new embarrassment.
              AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

Dealing with new embarrassments is in Lions fans DNA.

Comment

Don't the Lions always lose in the desert? Am I missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Don't the Lions always lose in the desert? Am I missing something.
                    Yes, true. Lions do always struggle @ Zona recently.
                    I think that will be offset by how it’s beneficial for the Lions to lose this game.

So the Lions will win against what should be the worst team in the NFL. Losing their 5 starting o-line and having a rookie QB.

Then again, the Cardinals did win @ GB a couple days ago. No wonder McCarthy was fired.

Lions @ Cardinals = confusions.
                    AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

I'm gonna watch this game, though not live. So maybe there is something wrong with me. I paid for Gamepass. So I will use it, Godamnit!

Comment

I'll definitely watch it. Kickoff is right after I put the kids to bed when finally get a moment of silence. Then I can take that moment and start yelling at the guys in Honolulu blue and complain about the refs fixing the game.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Red Zone for me. Afraid apathy has washed over me and watching this pathetic emaciated offense is genuinely painful.

Comment

GO CARDS!!!!
                            GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

The Lions have struggled to a 4-8 record this season and have lost five of their last six games. However, the combined record of those five opponents is 40-19-1.
                              No surprises here, it's expected.
                              Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

Working...
                              X