No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up one of those drinking birds like Homer Simpson did whenever you have to leave the computer.

"This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• lol!
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I remember that episode and Bart's joke about his ass for once preventing the release of toxic gas.
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• THe only thing I can think of is if you have a powerful wireless keyboard or mouse and when you leave the work station, have the cursor arrow sitting where the call notice comes up on your computer, so all you would have to do is click on the mouse or hit enter on your keyboard from where ever you are. Kind of a goofy work around, but it might give you a little more freedom.

I have a pretty strong signal on my wireless mouse and keyboard at home, but I'm not certain if it goes through walls and around corners.
          ------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            So maybe I need some sort of remote that could trigger a macro that would "click" that pick up button.
            Write your own iPhone app.?
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
              Write your own iPhone app.?
              Or you can use logmeins RDM program for the I phone and hit it from there.
              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• There's an idea! Assuming my PC won't prevent me from running LogMeIn. I could install the app on my touch. Ooh!!!
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Would there be any issue of notice deb? That is would you be aware when the pop
                  up popped up?
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah it makes a ringing sound at the computer...just would need to be within earshot. Unless the sound can also transmit to the Touch.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• rdp lite is free

logmein Ignition is also "free" if you know where to get it and have a jailbroken 'touch
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                        rdp lite is free

logmein Ignition is also "free" if you know where to get it and have a jailbroken 'touch
                        I din't think Ignition was needed. I thought that was just some silly interface.
                        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• It's not needed...but offers connectivity to multiple pcs and is a bit more enhanced....
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Hmmmm. Sorry I am not a geek but would there be a way to utilize call forwarding?
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The call routes to my pc and is then forwarded to whatever number I specify. I just have to hit PICK UP when it hits my PC. That's the part I'm looking to do while away from the PC. Forwarding the phone itself is not an issue.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Train the pup?
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X