• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
    Where'd you get that Deac?

more for the tea

The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• well I see cash for clunkers didn't help double digit recession much.....

at least a bunch of folks who can't afford a used $6000.00 car are now driving a new Chevy, Dodge, oh yeah and KIA $8000.00+ new car with full coverage insurance.

Didn't we already try this with the no interest loans?
      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Can ya'll continue this in the Politics thread? Thanks
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by manwhohasstronggrip View Post
          well I see cash for clunkers didn't help double digit recession much.....

at least a bunch of folks who can't afford a used $6000.00 car are now driving a new Chevy, Dodge, oh yeah and KIA $8000.00+ new car with full coverage insurance.

Didn't we already try this with the no interest loans?
          Saw a commentary in my local paper talking about how a future bailout will be in order for those that took on new car loans that couldn't afford it (really).
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The Wall Street Journal reports that software makers are trying technical fixes to the problem of texting while driving:
            Many of the apps will simply block texts from being sent or received while the owner is driving. They generally require a smart phone with Global Positioning System technology.
            Safe Driving Systems Corp. is building a system that takes over a cellphone's display when its owner starts driving. Calls and text messages are received but can't be accessed, though users can place emergency calls. The system includes an electronic "key" that is installed in the car and emits a Bluetooth signal that disables the keypad while the car is running. . . .
            Another start-up, Vancouver-based Aegis Mobility Inc., is developing DriveAssist, a software program that uses a phone's GPS to detect when it is moving at driving speed and intercept incoming calls and texts. It also blocks outgoing messages, though the owner can override it to make emergency calls.
            Great idea! Well, except that unless the software can tell who's driving, it will also prevent passengers from texting while riding in a car, bus, taxi, train or any other conveyance that moves at "driving speed."
            The only logical explanation is:
            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Great idea! Well, except that unless the software can tell who's driving, it will also prevent passengers from texting while riding in a car, bus, taxi, train or any other conveyance that moves at "driving speed."
              LOL! Oops.
              It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• So don't text while in a moving vehicle. It will be OK. You'll survive. People can wait until you stop to get a text. Our parents managed to get by just fine without it and some of us even turned out OK.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Geek update: As you're all aware, Jupiter has been out all evening the last several weeks. I've been watching several of the planets with a renewed interest.

What I didn't realize is that with my binoculars, I can see all four of Jupiter's Galilean moons. Take a lookd tonight if you have any binocs or a telescope. All four moons are within what looks like a half inch of the planet.
                  Last edited by Drew; August 26, 2009, 04:09 PM.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• With all the weird shit being posted today, Jupiter being out must be the answer. Either that or full moon.

Comment

• Answer to what?

By the way, Jupiter comes out before pitch dark. It's the brightest object in the eastern sky.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Answer to what?
                        All the weird shit being posted today in the Lions threads about CJ, KS, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          So don't text while in a moving vehicle. It will be OK. You'll survive. People can wait until you stop to get a text. Our parents managed to get by just fine without it and some of us even turned out OK.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                          OK DanO, so you have an opinion on this - but would you use force against others who don't do as you'd want them to do? Would you be unwilling to hear any circumstances in which someone had justification for texting while driving to impose the "I don't think it's right, therefore it should be forbidden" rule? Or would you rather turn over the responsibility to the individual to be accountable for whether their texting caused another harm?
                          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• "OK DanO, so you have an opinion on this - but would you use force against others who don't do as you'd want them to do? Would you be unwilling to hear any circumstances in which someone had justification for texting while driving to impose the "I don't think it's right, therefore it should be forbidden" rule?"
                            --------------------------Of course not ULF.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• not to mention certain phones (blackberry for sure) have speech to text applications that allow 'hands free texting'
                              "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• ULF - why is violence the ultimatum? Many states are simply making it illegal and fining for those who do it. For repeat offenders I can certainly see the potential of a revoked license a severe enough threat.

Driving is a privelege not a right....
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X