X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol! I could picture that.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Rude? Never crossed my mind. I walk most every morning, at 5AM, on a Greenway, in the dark. Trust me, there is nobody out there to be offended. Oh, yeah, there is this gal from the local university that runs by at some point, but I don't think she is much into being friendly with a stranger in the dark.

I love using the iPod while I'm hiking in the mountains. For me, it enhances the experience. Classical music blends well with nature. Bocelli is ok too.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
        Rude? Never crossed my mind. I walk most every morning, at 5AM, on a Greenway, in the dark. Trust me, there is nobody out there to be offended.
        Well, that's not exactly what I meant when I said "in public."
        "To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems." —Homer Simpson, 1997

Comment

• I can't believe Windows Vista needs 2GB of RAM to really run well. That sucks ass.

That means every Joe with 512MB or 1GB is now looking at the cost of an OS upgrade and a memory upgrade. And the cost of memory is going up because Vista is driving more demand.

I'm staying away from Vista for years. XP does just fine, thanks.
          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larsky View Post
            Well, that's not exactly what I meant when I said "in public."
            Understand. I was just trying to be funny. When I walk on the weekend it is usually during the daylight hours and many people walk with music in their ears. I never would have thought anyone else would think that is rude. I just nod or wave at folks as we pass each other. I suspect those that feel affronted will survive my rude behavior.

Speaking of technology's impact on human behavior, here is a question for the forumites...is it rude to flush your toilet when the person in the adjacent stall takes a cell call?

Comment

• There's a few pro player wannabes I play poker with who always bring their iPod. Then they never hear us when it's their turn or they owe money or whatever. That drives me nuts.

Dave, not only 2 gigs of RAM but 15 gigs of free hard drive space. I think Microsoft is crazy if they think Vista will be adopted by businesses any time soon.

That said, I'm enjoying my Vista experience at home.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• This latest Apple/PC commercial isn't too far from the truth, though...It really made me LOL:

[youtube]lFzOCEb3UGw[/youtube]
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  There's a few pro player wannabes I play poker with who always bring their iPod. Then they never hear us when it's their turn or they owe money or whatever. That drives me nuts.
                  Now that is rude. If you are supposed to be engaged in the present, you should be. Just reach over there and yank those little buds out of their ears!

Comment

• Deb - did you enable "Aero" ?

I've had some hands on with it at my bro's shop - not all that impressed with it thus far....I agree with ULF - XP is also working JUST FINE for me.
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Of course I'm using Aero. That's what makes it pretty.

Did you find a job yet? Are you working with your brother now?
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I bought an Sansa 2 GB mp3 player reluctantly and recently. I like CVGT and Deb didn't understand the fascination. I thought it might be a generational thing, all the footbal players in the lockerroom are constantly listening to their Ipods. Well, my wife was getting on my case you use the Sears gift certificate she had gotten me in Christmas of 2005 so I wouldn't buy something after she had bought me Christmas presents. I decided to get an mp3 player and its been a great purchase.

Its very handy doing chores and really helpful running. I can understand what CVGT is talking about with not wanting to muffle the surroundings. I prefer to run on trails and in the spring I don't know if I will use it as much, but right now I'm stuck on the indoor track, I don't think I could go back to not using one in that situation.

Comment

• Deb - I'm working part time for my brother (for now). I've had 3 interviews over the past couple of weeks - the most promising thus far with a company just outside of GR. I'm applying for everything I can find....
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• COOP,

I thought you kept your CT job via telecommuting?
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Good luck, Coop!
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                                COOP,

I thought you kept your CT job via telecommuting?
                                Gonz - if you didn't see it, I posted the details in the OT "Pissed off" thread - long story short is the company president is NON-technically oriented, and did not support the telecommute, despite the support I had from everyone of influence up through the company VP. I think he had a personal issue against me for turning down a counter offer - he apparently didn't understand that I needed to do what was best for raising my children.

The weird thing is that they did not have anyone hired at the time they decided to let me go, they simply don't understand that IT staff, especially in their environment, is not a cookie cutter replacement. In the long term - it's for the best. As I understand it, bonuses are no longer guarenteed and for the first time since I was hired in 1999, the company lost money.
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X