OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad2
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      iPad2
      SCORE!

Best "office" device ever. No need for newspaper or magazines ever again.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I love the ipad personally. But then I don't need or want to do anything under the hood...
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
          Nice!

Check out the GM/OnStar/cadillac and Verizon booths. Some stuff I worked on will be shown there.
          Cool! What am I looking for specifically?

Comment

• bunch of refurb (200k) touchpads hitting ebay soon, would be a very cheap browser indeed.
            Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• if you haven't seen this SIRI parody, you will want to.

You Tube was blocked so this is the dirty version (language)

Independent, ad-free, uncensored comedy. Watch new episodes of Dimension 20, Um, Actually, Game Changer every week.
              Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• good one
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• BTW the Prime was delayed. Issues with the wifi range. Jan release maybe.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I think some rogue app on my phone used my Hotmail account to spam my contacts yesterday. Nothing quite as awkward as spamming ex boyfriends with links on how to enhance their sexual performance lol.

It bothers me that I really don't know how it happened. My PC checks clean and I was surfing a few different apps on my phone at the time, so that's why I blame that. I've uninstalled some iffy apps and enabled a program that's supposed to help guard against that. Is there a Norton type of thing for Android phones?
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I had this happen with my old iphone last year Deb. I was using the phone web browser to check hotmail and the same thing happened. I changed my password and stopped using the iphone for e-mail and no problems since.
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Thanks, J. Yuck, that's too easy to fall prey to.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Deb, I discussed this with my son who went through a security class in college recently. Did those apps you were testing come from the android market app? All of the market apps are supposed to be checked. Or, if you were browsing to Hotmail (Facebook, etc) on a public wifi, your credentials can be picked up as you type them in over the public wifi. Never sit in a Starbucks and go to your password protected sites. It is too easy to pick up credentials at the router with a sniffer.

I keep my wifi toggled off on my phone unless I am on a trusted network.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                            Cool! What am I looking for specifically?
                            Ooops missed your reply.

I worked on most of the projects surrounding and involving the volts at those booths. The connectivity, energy management, and "green" stuff.

Unfortunately I won't be going to CES to see it all in action (but let me know if they were displayed well if you liked it).
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              I think some rogue app on my phone used my Hotmail account to spam my contacts yesterday. Nothing quite as awkward as spamming ex boyfriends with links on how to enhance their sexual performance lol.
                              That's odd. I got a bunch of those links from my wife's account. I checked her phone and PC and they were both completely clean and healthy.

Comment

• Toying with getting this phone and the $35 per month plan with unlimited data, web messaging and email with 300 talk minutes. Has anyone used Virgin Mobile that can comment on how good or bad they are?

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-...ider-phone.jsp
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X