Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy can probably help you out
    Attached Files
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Out of that list, lasers seem the most technological and geeky, so I think you have to go with that.

Try this 200mW military grade one, Marko. When their feathers start smoking, I'm guessing they'll move along.

Ultra Power Military Grade 200mW Green Laser Pointer with Key Lock Switch    Highlights...   Ultra Powerful Military Grade 200mW Green Laser Pointer Lock Switch for maximum safety All-weather...
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Who is that guy all "tartaned" up? Turbo? Is it a movie or something?

Thanks for the detailed reply, Tony......, but I'm liking the BB gun idea, and, quote, "Shooting the fuckers" LOL

Another tip I received from a guy in the plumbers merchant....., heat up chalk using my gas torch until it turns into a brown gooey substance, then put it in the tree somewhere. The bird will want to eat it, and when the stuff reaches its stomach, a chemical reaction takes place and the bird explodes.

Sounds like utter bollocks to me but wtf, I'll give it a try. If it indeed does explode, I'll need to think of something incredibly believable to tell the wife. .
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Who is that guy all "tartaned" up? Turbo? Is it a movie or something?

Thanks for the detailed reply, Tony......, but I'm liking the BB gun idea, and, quote, "Shooting the fuckers" LOL

Another tip I received from a guy in the plumbers merchant....., heat up chalk using my gas torch until it turns into a brown gooey substance, then put it in the tree somewhere. The bird will want to eat it, and when the stuff reaches its stomach, a chemical reaction takes place and the bird explodes.

Sounds like utter bollocks to me but wtf, I'll give it a try. If it indeed does explode, I'll need to think of something incredibly believable to tell the wife. .
          That is Johnny Carson. He was king of late night TV for decades and that was for a skit on hunting.

If you do go with the BB/pellet gun idea, make sure your shot is true. Neighbors will not appreciate broken windows from errant shots.

If the chalk thing works, tell the Mrs. you are trying to discover a product similar to the rat killer products they use in the States, only for flying pests.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/fqXDN3Scsls[/ame]
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Holy shit. What year was that ^ ?
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• MM, I' have never fired a gun in my life apart from those rifles at the fun park....., you know, "miss every fucking tin can for a teddy" shooting gallery. Pretty sure I'll be killing a few sparrows and other bird life in my magpie killing spree. If any windows are broken, I'll plant the gun in the stepsons room and blame him.

Comment

• Atta boy. Sounds like a plan!
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Ok LFIJ......, this is a technical question asked by the Mrs regarding your plan. This laser......., if shone on the outside surface of the nest at night, will it penetrate and piss the magpies off, and then they leave, or will the beam bounce off and head somewhere else. Theses 'Pies don't stand still long enough for me to "laser" the bstd direct.

Comment

• I have no idea, Marko.

In this video they use it to light a match. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbbqnonUPQ"]ZOMG Military Strength 200mW Green Laser Lights Match by Xtronics.ch - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe it'd just set the nest on fire? I don't think it would bounce off anything unless your magpies have taken to putting mirrors into their nest.

Comment

• That looks the dogs baws to me, mate. I think I'll look for one of those to purchase. The music in that video was pretty good too. Cheers

Comment

• I'm not responsible if you go blind or set the tree on fire!

Comment

• Must be honest......, the tree annoys me as well. So perhaps we could kill a few magpies and a tree with one stone, (laser).

Comment

• FFS just cut the tree down then
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Im alone in my hatred for the tree....., It would have to look like an accident, Tony. Chainsaw sounds, or indeed me sweating my half showing ass crack off, sawing fuck out of the fucker, ain't going to look accidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X