No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, your ebay store was 2x the price for my lamp.

Well, anyway, the lamps last a lot longer than I thought they would when I bought this TV in 2006. This is my first lamp change.
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
      Wow, your ebay store was 2x the price for my lamp.

Well, anyway, the lamps last a lot longer than I thought they would when I bought this TV in 2006. This is my first lamp change.
      Bummer

My Sony OEM lamp is about 35% cheaper than anywhere else, delivered.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• One of these days, I'll talk you off your Sony fixation.

I sold electronics for years during college, and I've owned many Sony products.

Most of the time, you're paying too much for the name. And all of the time, you're getting yourself into a product that has expensive replacement / extension products and horrible navigation and complexity in their menu options.

Panasonic has all the quality at a much lower cost, and they generally adhere to industry standards on expansion components.

Case in point: Memory Sticks. What a ripoff. They always cost about twice what memory expansion costs in standard flash, like CF or SD.
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• My SONY's last forever and still look better than most.

Quality over quantity.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Back in 1990, I bought a Panasonic RX-300 Boom Box - this was back in the day when Boom Boxes were all the rage, and they were all big pieces of shit. Panasonic built this bad-ass unit with 60W of output power, detachable speakers, and the head unit broke down into a separate amp/eq/spectrum analyzer and cassette unit.

It kicked the SHIT out of anything Sony or anyone made at the time. Mine served me for a decade as a boombox and shelf unit. Panasonic makes great stuff.

Comment

• This is about as lame as arguing over Operating Systems. What are you Mike Damone?

Comment

• You probably buy Emerson stuff FL, so suck it.

Comment

• ...the crap my wife bought before I met her. She hasn't bought anything electronic since we met.

Comment

• Just hooked up a new 27" monitor to my laptop. Niiiice.

My laptop has 1920x1080 resolution, and on that 17" screen fonts are tiny. I had to set Windows to enlarge fonts, and then was constantly using a zoom tool in my browser.

Now with this 27" at the same resolution, I dialed the fonts back to normal and no more constant zooming.

I can also go to dual-screen and keep my laptop monitor as well, but I don't really have the desk space to pull it off.

Comment

• I'm in the market for a 27" display too.

I'm leaning toward this one

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That's a nice one. I didn't spring for IPS or higher resolution because this resolution is the limit of my laptop's card. I think it'll serve me well for the money.

Comment

• I have a 27" Dell at home that I really like.

Oh, follow up on my laptop. I got the recovery discs and that did the trick. Apparently there was something with the hdd recovery partition that got corrupted, so doing it from the discs fixed it.
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• How embarrassing.

Spent the week visiting my 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old grandsons.

The 2 1/2 year old taught me how to use an Ipad.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• My 3 year old Toshiba laptop got an error "He's dead Jim" and shut down. Now it won't get past the post screen and doesn't accept key presses. I bought it on a recommendation that Toshiba was the best in quality and this thing has had an easy life, as laptops go, hooked to a keyboard, mouse and monitor for my wife to use as a desktop. I'm going to take it to a shop on Telegraph that does free diagnostics to see if there is any hope for fixing it. Not feeling too keen on that Toshiba quality right now.
                              Last edited by edindetroit; November 9, 2013, 09:29 AM.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Does it beep when it boots to the POST screen?
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X