OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 to be more like Windows 7
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Again just to be clear, they are making the INTERFACE more like Win7. The MARKED improvements in the operating system will remain.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I am liking windows 8.1
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I think they realized they went too far with windows 8. Too many people don't like to make major transitions like that all at once.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            I am liking windows 8.1
            Did you download update #1 on the 8th?
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• note there is a reason why they are making it more like Windows 7......
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Note: They are only making the INTERFACE more like Win7. The much improved core OS remains.

(Really? You really work in IT?)
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• You keep mentioning the interface . 98% of the public is only concerned with the interface. We expect there to be improvements in how the program functions but as long as it doesn't crash or slow down the show, all we care about IS the INTERFACE. :-)
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That's fine. But Coop has been arguing how bad the OS is. It's not.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      Did you download update #1 on the 8th?
                      Actually, the version I am running is called 8.1 and it was pre-loaded on my newly purchased machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        Actually, the version I am running is called 8.1 and it was pre-loaded on my newly purchased machine.
                        Follow the bouncing ball my friend.

Update #1 is for Windows 8.1 and made available to the public on 4/8. Its supposed to help mouse and keyboard use as well as making the UI more Windows 7 like (if you opt for it).

Download it, live it, love it. ;)
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Will do, tanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            That's fine. But Coop has been arguing how bad the OS is. It's not.
                            and no one is buying it...not sure what more to say there
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Are they not buying it because of the interface or the guts?

Comment

• Maybe they are not buying it because they are like me. I am in the middle of replacing 3 XP machines in my house, and am updating to new (to me) machines that came with 7. At least I leap-frogged Vista altogether.
                                Sad thing is, my hardware does everything I need, and I had no real inclination to move up, but had to finally make a change because of the death of XP. I for one loved XP.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X