No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my Galaxy Note 7 in yesterday! This thing is a beast!

Still not big enough for me though. I won't be satisfied until someone puts a cell package in a 7" mini tablet so I can have the best of both worlds.

Comment

• Originally posted by PackFanInChiTown View Post
      Just got my Galaxy Note 7 in yesterday! This thing is a beast!

Still not big enough for me though. I won't be satisfied until someone puts a cell package in a 7" mini tablet so I can have the best of both worlds.
      7" is too small for a tablet. I have a hard enough time reading text on my 8" tablet. I also have a hard time navigating this forum on my tablet. When I go to tap the unread icon I often get the name of the person that started the thread and end up at their profile.
      Last edited by edindetroit; August 31, 2016, 02:57 PM.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Sounds like even if they did you'd still need a bigger tablet
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
          7" is too small for a tablet. I have a hard enough time reading text on my 8" tablet. I also have a hard time navigating this forum on my tablet. When I go to tap the unread icon I often get the name of the person that started the thread and end up at their profile.
          I do the majority of my surfing on my laptop, the mini would just be a bigger phone for me, but allow me to do some work-related stuff also. Not as convenient as a full size tablet but I'd use it.

Originally posted by Forsh View Post
          Sounds like even if they did you'd still need a bigger tablet
          Not a bigger tablet, a bigger phone, but I could live with the 7".

Comment

I do the majority of my surfing on my laptop, the mini would just be a bigger phone for me, but allow me to do some work-related stuff also. Not as convenient as a full size tablet but I'd use it.

Not a bigger tablet, a bigger phone, but I could live with the 7".
            Size Queen
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Pitch Watch

The Pitch Drop has the Guinness World Record for the longest running lab experiment. In its 86 years, no one has seen a drop fall, but the 9th drop is set to go at any time. If you’re logged in to the Ninth Watch when the Pitch Drop falls, your name will make the official record and make history.

In 86 years, no one has seen a drop fall from the longest running lab experiment. But now’s your chance to add your name to the history books.
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                Pitch Watch

The Pitch Drop has the Guinness World Record for the longest running lab experiment. In its 86 years, no one has seen a drop fall, but the 9th drop is set to go at any time. If you?re logged in to the Ninth Watch when the Pitch Drop falls, your name will make the official record and make history.

http://www.thetenthwatch.com
                I read up on it a little. Makes it seem like they are waiting for the tenth drop and not the 9th. Due to an incident where a drop was touching a previous drop and them trading the beaker which caused the the 9th to separate from the funnel early. Not only that but it happened only 2 years ago. I would assume the actual 10th drop should be like another half decade from now at the earliest.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                  I read up on it a little. Makes it seem like they are waiting for the tenth drop and not the 9th. Due to an incident where a drop was touching a previous drop and them trading the beaker which caused the the 9th to separate from the funnel early. Not only that but it happened only 2 years ago. I would assume the actual 10th drop should be like another half decade from now at the earliest.
                  I'm glad you've told me this, I didn't know! I can have a break for a few years now!
                  AAL Quintez Cephus
                  If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                    I'm glad you've told me this, I didn't know! I can have a break for a few years now!
                    Yeah but like kids and old age those years can catch up to really fast. You blink and all of a sudden you find yourself waiting for the 12th drop.
                    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Are you going to bed, Vyvyan?

No. I'm going to watch the dot for a bit longer...
                      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Found a cool app for Android called Pluto TV and tried it out on my tablet. Not the most extensive list of channels but they are very quick to load. You can even cast to your TV if you have a chromecast. Nice that it has news channels since I don't get them because we cut the cord.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Aren't those the fuckers that have been blowing up left and right?

Comment

• Have we heard from PackFan since he posted this? ;)
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              Aren't those the fuckers that have been blowing up left and right?
                              That's the same them zackly!

Comment

• My 32MB Samsung Note Edge (same release date as the Note 4) is still plugging along, error/defect free like a champ. It has a removable battery, of which I have 2 for lengthy events, a great 16MP front camera and an SD card slot (64MB in it now is plenty for me).

Newer is not always better.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X