X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have.
    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Good job to your son. My dad made that mistake with me in high school betting me I couldn't get a 4.0. Ended up getting a sweet 2-person boat out of the deal. :D
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Never play video games.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
          Good job to your son. My dad made that mistake with me in high school betting me I couldn't get a 4.0. Ended up getting a sweet 2-person boat out of the deal. :D
          Late bloomer yeah? I got my dingy around 8th grade. Although it remained a one person experience for several years.
          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
            Good job to your son. My dad made that mistake with me in high school betting me I couldn't get a 4.0. Ended up getting a sweet 2-person boat out of the deal. :D
            Too bad LFIJ never learned to navigate. He pushed off into Lake Huron on his maiden voyage and ended up in Japan.

Comment

• 2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                I have.
                Is it worth it or would it be better going with a playstation?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Is it worth it or would it be better going with a playstation?
                  Depends on what you want it for. It's almost a completely different type of market. If you are looking for a great game system for playing the latest and greatest, like call of duty, or final fantasy, and so on the PS4/Xbox1 is the best solution.

The Switch is totally worth it but for different reasons. One is Nintendo games, nothing beats playing Mario Kart in split screen at 1080 with 4 players (no one else even does 2 player splits anymore). Or Zelda (seriously this might be the best yet). There is a constant train of kid friendly adult beloved franchises available to Nintendo. The other is portability. This is what everyone always wanted from the PSP/Vita. A console experience in a hand held system. It's an OK console but it's the world best Hand held game system.

I play a lot of games but if you made me choose between the Xbox and a Switch. I don't know if I would choose the switch, but it would make me think about it and that should tell you something.
                  AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Ok good, I'm a little leery because we were one of the few who bought Wii U and became an expensive paper weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Ok good, I'm a little leery because we were one of the few who bought Wii U and became an expensive paper weight.
                      Yeah the fact that the hand held portion is the full console is much better. The battery isn't the best though. Also make sure you get a tempered glass screen protector. Apparently the top layer of the screen is more plastic based and just putting into the dock is known to scuff it. I was prepped to put one on mine before I even took it out of the box.

Also docking and undocking is near seemless. No hiccups yet.
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Pluto TV weirdness.

We have a Samsung MU630D TV and I was getting annoyed by the OTA antenna dropping data and causing pixelation. A coworker said that Pluto TV includes local stations so I switched over to the Roku box and installed the Pluto channel. When you pick a channel you like you hit the * button on the remote to make it full screen. But when I hit the back button to go back to the channel guide it doesn't work. For whatever reason though if I hit the back button on the TV remote it does take it back to the Pluto TV Guide. Really bizarre. I never did find the game on their listing but I didn't activate Pluto TV either so maybe I need to do that to get my locals.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Holy cow!

I refuse to purchase any more boxes/devices that promise to give viewing freedom/quality.

I looked at a Roku box but remember what TIVO did to me after I purchased a lifetime membership then said.....uh, uh. Not goin there again.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You don't have to subscribe to anything to use the Roku.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              You don't have to subscribe to anything to use the Roku.
                              Yeah Roku, Amazon Fire, and Apple TV's are not service themselves but basically a TV console version of a cell phone, an app portal for using apps and services you are already using like Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, and so on.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                                Yeah Roku, Amazon Fire, and Apple TV's are not service themselves but basically a TV console version of a cell phone, an app portal for using apps and services you are already using like Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, and so on.
                                And a whole plethora of Roku channels on the Roku.

Comment

Working...
                                X