Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lol yes, Madden 19.
    Ameer Abdullah = Saquon Barkley.
    AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

    Comment


    • Somehow I feel that changing when they do the first status update
      The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

      Comment


      • Using the GPS on my phone is a mixed bag. It does work but since my car has sync the GPS doesn't speak the turn by turn directions. Then the other day Timely error-ed out and put a dialog box in the middle of the screen and blocked everything. Later the phone overheated from the GPS running and shut itself down . So I'm looking into getting a stand alone GPS with lifetime map updates, turn by turn directions and traffic updates. Any recommendations?
        Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          lol yes, Madden 19.
          Ameer Abdullah = Saquon Barkley.
          Except one is at the floor and he other has a roof he can't quite see yet.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            Using the GPS on my phone is a mixed bag. It does work but since my car has sync the GPS doesn't speak the turn by turn directions. Then the other day Timely error-ed out and put a dialog box in the middle of the screen and blocked everything. Later the phone overheated from the GPS running and shut itself down . So I'm looking into getting a stand alone GPS with lifetime map updates, turn by turn directions and traffic updates. Any recommendations?
            My 11 year old Tom Tom is still running strong. It doesn't have lifetime updates but it's easy enough to update for free and it has speed camera warnings to boot. I only bring it along on vacations away from my local stomping grounds that are many times far from cell reception. I recommend the Tom Tom brand.
            SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

              My 11 year old Tom Tom is still running strong. It doesn't have lifetime updates but it's easy enough to update for free and it has speed camera warnings to boot. I only bring it along on vacations away from my local stomping grounds that are many times far from cell reception. I recommend the Tom Tom brand.
              I tried to use my tablet since it has GPS but being out of range of wifi made it a joke. She wanted me to stay on Middle Belt but I took Ford to I275 and every 1/4 mile she kept telling me to either turn left or make a u-turn. Silly thing. Then she tried to get me to exit I275 at Michigan Avenue. Hello google lady I'm going all the way to Monroe I'm not getting off of I275.
              Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

              Comment


              • I actually like my satellite Tom Tom GPS better than any cell type GPS. By far. Big screen, easy, understandable directions with speed limit shown, day/night mode, etc. Just don't need it most of the time
                SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

                Comment


                • .
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by FVD; August 9th, 2018, 09:38 PM.
                  The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

                    My 11 year old Tom Tom is still running strong. It doesn't have lifetime updates but it's easy enough to update for free and it has speed camera warnings to boot. I only bring it along on vacations away from my local stomping grounds that are many times far from cell reception. I recommend the Tom Tom brand.
                    I have a Tom Tom but quit using it because I refuse to pay for the map updates. How are you updating free?
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      I have a Tom Tom but quit using it because I refuse to pay for the map updates. How are you updating free?
                      I haven't tried to update since a Hawaii trip over 2 years ago. Perhaps things have changed.

                      How much can the roads have changed anyway? Specially the highways. This country isn't exactly redoing its infrastructure at record pace.

                      That's why I never paid for routine updates. Besides, our 2 separate network phones are used as backup. Unless we are way out in the boonies (and it happens), one of us usually gets a signal of some sort.
                      SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

                      Comment


                      • I took it with me when I went to visit my son in a suburb of Houston. His house was 6 years old when I visited and his entire subdivision was not on the map.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

                          I haven't tried to update since a Hawaii trip over 2 years ago. Perhaps things have changed.

                          How much can the roads have changed anyway? Specially the highways. This country isn't exactly redoing its infrastructure at record pace.

                          That's why I never paid for routine updates. Besides, our 2 separate network phones are used as backup. Unless we are way out in the boonies (and it happens), one of us usually gets a signal of some sort.
                          From a review on BestBuy

                          Now I update about once a quarter, as there is a lot of construction going on in our area, and it pays to have the maps up to date.
                          That would be one reason I would think unless this gets updated on the fly. One advantage for the GPS on Android is it is constantly updated and can steer you around accidents or construction. Although one time recently she told us to exit the freeway due to an accident and then tried to get us to go right back on. Nope, not gonna do it google lady. Down the road we crossed over the freeway and could see a zillion firetrucks, ambulances and cop cars. If we had gotten right back on like she tried to tell us we would have been sunk.
                          Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

                          Comment


                          • A man after Gonz's own heart

                            46516729_10212939490028026_6791539168490029056_o.jpg
                            Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              I took it with me when I went to visit my son in a suburb of Houston. His house was 6 years old when I visited and his entire subdivision was not on the map.
                              Google maps is apparently pretty current and I recently read (not used) that it now can be used offline. Load your destination online and it will guide you there even if you don't have cell/data coverage.
                              SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                Nice but there's no room for friends/family unless the bar is behind the photographer.
                                SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X