Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    yea, they count on most people not be persistant enough to follow through.
    "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
    Colin Powell

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      The segway is a great idea. It's drive system is really revolutionary.

      A walking gait is really a series of aborted falls. You lean forward and then move your feet to keep from falling over. The segway operates from the same principle. It's motors are designed not to go forward or back, but instead to keep you from falling. When you lean forward, the wheels go forward in an attempt to keep the center of gravity over the wheels.
      Great explanation SLF! I was wondering how these things work.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
        Great explanation SLF! I was wondering how these things work.
        SLF knows how a Segway works, but doesn't know what "dressed" means when talking about a deer.

        How can we be sure he's really from Michigan?????

        Comment


        • #34
          He's been liberated, and is now living a left coast life under an assumed name. It is part of his cover to ask questions about deer.

          Comment


          • #35
            companies in general make it as difficult as possible to redeem rebates because they gamble that most people will be too lazy to redeem them - another annoyance is that the checks they send you back often have a tight window for cashing them - so beware.

            All things considered, I still think the iPod is the superior portable player on the market - and I'm NOT an Apple fan. We own two, a 3rd generation and a 5th generation and both function well. I myself am waiting for the much anticipated full screen video touchscreen iPod that will actually make it a viable portable video player.
            In Quinn We Trust??

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Coop View Post
              companies in general make it as difficult as possible to redeem rebates because they gamble that most people will be too lazy to redeem them - another annoyance is that the checks they send you back often have a tight window for cashing them - so beware.

              All things considered, I still think the iPod is the superior portable player on the market - and I'm NOT an Apple fan. We own two, a 3rd generation and a 5th generation and both function well. I myself am waiting for the much anticipated full screen video touchscreen iPod that will actually make it a viable portable video player.
              Why is it superior? I mean it has more accesories, but other player have better sounds, screens, and are compatable with more formats. Zen also has FM tuner, Outlook compatibility, and recording capability, all of which IPOD does not. I really don't see why you would even come close to thinking it is superior.

              Comment


              • #37
                Anyone seen or used the Zune?

                btw, I have a samsung flash drive MP3 player and love it. It's only 512K but it holds probably 6 or 7 cds, and is really very small.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

                Comment


                • #38
                  Leti bought me a Sandisk Sansa E220 as a 5th anniversary present. It's a 2GB and holds about 270 songs. Plus it has a slot to insert a micro-flash memory disk to expand it's memory.

                  Leti really did her homework and since I am VERY hard on electronic stuff, so she figured a flash memory MP3 player would be the most dependable and reliable for me.

                  I absolutely love it!!! The only thing I hate about it is the fact that's it's soooo hard to get accesories for it, as opposed to accesories for Ipods

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I bought a 32" Visco LCD from Walmart.com

                    Total cost to my door was $669.66

                    I've got it hooked up to my computer right now.

                    It's gr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-reat!
                    ------------
                    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Drew View Post
                      I bought a 32" Visco LCD from Walmart.com

                      Total cost to my door was $669.66

                      I've got it hooked up to my computer right now.

                      It's gr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-reat!

                      Mama picked up some extra shifts at the Waffle House, huh Drew? :-D

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The Zune is pretty cool. I messed with one. I like the feel. However the features weren't really what I needed.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          No, we're totally going into the red with this, but it's Christmas.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            I bought a 32" Visco LCD from Walmart.com

                            Total cost to my door was $669.66

                            I've got it hooked up to my computer right now.

                            It's gr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-reat!
                            oooh! Porn in wide-screen!!! You must be in heaven ;)
                            Dogs rule.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              oooh! Porn in wide-screen!!! You must be in heaven ;)



                              It's porn. But it's geriatric porn!!!




                              That's what he's in to.... 8-)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                So are you going to use it as a TV, or a computer monitor, or both?

                                I've been thinking that I'd like to put a 27" or so on my docking station at work so I can work with some massive spreadsheets and such, but I'm waiting for prices to come down.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X