No announcement yet.

OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

music (and other files - it also serves as a portable hard drive) can be copied to and from the iPod.

ULF - I don't disagree with your stance on the cost of music - it's one thing that should be coming down in price and has not.

Deb - the new Sirius Stiletto is the first truly portable radio they have put out that also stores music files......
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      *Sandra Shine nods her head*
      Deb, you misspelled bobs.....
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Are you sure you didn't Misspell boobs?

GO LIONS "06" !!!!!!
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

yeah, I am sure.......
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Originally posted by Jdoggie View Post
            yes but some players make it a point to be compatable with as much of them as possible.
            note, that typically means your not very good at any one of them. BTW - I got rid of the Zen because the software was unstable - it would lock up a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dsred View Post
              Simple bottom line dumbass question: Can I hook the Ipod up to the USB on my computer and download MP3's?
              yes

Also any of you guys ever thought of using the library to check out music? I've downloaded over 300 cd for free

Comment

Stealing others intellectual property dwt?

I thought our finest had more honor than that!
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                  And BTW, $0.99 is a total rip-off for a song - especially as a flat fee.

The industry has completely eliminated the distribution cost. They no longer have to print and circulate CDs, and they're charging a dollar a song?
                  If you were the Artist, how much do you think you deserve for each copy of your work that was sold?
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

The IPOD is totally superior, if you don't buy the IPOD you are like the dorky PC guy on their commericals. Thats how its superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      If you were the Artist, how much do you think you deserve for each copy of your work that was sold?
                      do you think the elimination of distribution costs affects how much the artists makes for each copy of work that is sold?
                      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jdoggie View Post
                        The Zune is pretty cool. I messed with one. I like the feel. However the features weren't really what I needed.
                        The Zune is a piece of garbage. It's incompatible with Windows Media Player, for crying out loud, and it's not even compatible with Windows Vista. It's big unique feature?the ability to "squirt" a song to another Zune?is fatally flawed. It imposes its own DRM on the "squirted" file during the "squirt," regardless of copyright! The file gets deleted from the recipient's Zune after three plays. It does this regardless of the file's actual copyright. For example, if you had an mp3 of your own band's performance and wanted to share it for free with your friend, your Zune won't let you.

Microsoft capitulated to the major label music industry when it designed the Zune, and that's why it will have a tough time in the market place. The iPod, for all its limitations, has always been designed to give the user more ease of use than any other competing product, and that's why it Apple commands 85 percent of the mp3 player market.
                        "To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems." —Homer Simpson, 1997

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          The IPOD is totally superior, if you don't buy the IPOD you are like the dorky PC guy on their commericals. Thats how its superior.

You watch to many commercials. While the IPOd has more accesories and the best touch (click wheel) it is not superior to any other player. Other players have better screens, don't scratch, more features, are compatible with more formats, and have better sound. Go to CNET and you will see that there are player rated higher by users and the professionals.

Originally posted by Larsky View Post
                          The Zune is a piece of garbage. It's incompatible with Windows Media Player, for crying out loud, and it's not even compatible with Windows Vista. It's big unique feature?the ability to "squirt" a song to another Zune?is fatally flawed. It imposes its own DRM on the "squirted" file during the "squirt," regardless of copyright! The file gets deleted from the recipient's Zune after three plays. It does this regardless of the file's actual copyright. For example, if you had an mp3 of your own band's performance and wanted to share it for free with your friend, your Zune won't let you.

Microsoft capitulated to the major label music industry when it designed the Zune, and that's why it will have a tough time in the market place. The iPod, for all its limitations, has always been designed to give the user more ease of use than any other competing product, and that's why it Apple commands 85 percent of the mp3 player market.
                          I heard that about Zune. I liked the look and feel but didn't buy it and take it home. Also, you could share a song with friends of your band if you just emailed it to them.

Apple has the biggest market share because they were first to have such a ease of use product. Then the word Ipod became cool and that is why they stayed at rhe top. More people buy them for the "cool" factor then actually knowing anything about the player itself. If they did research, they would know there are better alternatives with better features.

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                            note, that typically means your not very good at any one of them. BTW - I got rid of the Zen because the software was unstable - it would lock up a lot.

Had a Zen and never once had a problem with the software. in fact, had the Zen for 3 years with no problems. Maybe your computer was unstable? Also I have never had a problem with it not performing well with the formats it plays.

Comment

zune is incompatible with Windows media player? THat's the first I've heard of that...
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Larsky really needs to post a disclaimer explaining that he's a Mac guy giving an opinion on a Microsoft product...
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X