OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    Larsky really needs to post a disclaimer explaining that he's a Mac guy giving an opinion on a Microsoft product...
    Why? I don't see people putting up a disclaimer that they are Windows guy when commenting on Apple products.
    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jdoggie View Post
      You watch to many commercials. While the IPOd has more accesories and the best touch (click wheel) it is not superior to any other player. Other players have better screens, don't scratch, more features, are compatible with more formats, and have better sound. Go to CNET and you will see that there are player rated higher by users and the professionals.
      He was joking Jdog. Anybody hear that Apple had to fire the "hip young guy" from the commercials because to many people thought he was an ass and started empathizing with the dumpy Windows guy.
      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Is that for real Mason? And are you a Mac user getting a little sensitive?
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

About the ad? It was a story on CNBC a few weeks ago. I thought is was funny. The story said that Apple was retooling the commercials to star John Hodgeman (the dumpy PC) guy alone or possibly hiring a new "Mac" guy.

Apple has fired their Mac Guy and is planning on looking for a new person that will better represent Apple to the general public. Polls showed that the now old Mac Guy was too smug and resembled the typical Mac fanboy crowd that everyone hates. They don?t quite plan on dropping the advertising strategy completely but would like to have someone that will not be as smug. Most of the polls showed that the public actually liked the PC Guy better and felt bad for him for having to put up with the Mac Guy. Which was obviously not the point but still hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by mason reese View Post
            Why? I don't see people putting up a disclaimer that they are Windows guy when commenting on Apple products.
            The "sensitive" jab was related to this comment - I shoulda used a quote.
            The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdoggie View Post
              You watch to many commercials. While the IPOd has more accesories and the best touch (click wheel) it is not superior to any other player. Other players have better screens, don't scratch, more features, are compatible with more formats, and have better sound. Go to CNET and you will see that there are player rated higher by users and the professionals.

Sarcasm has claimed another victim.

Comment

no arguement to make Doggie - certainly not trying to persuade you to buy and iPod - I just know what I like and what works for me.
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                  The "sensitive" jab was related to this comment - I shoulda used a quote.
                  oh. So was I serious about the comment? I guess that depends on whether or not you saw the post from Deb that I was responding to.

Comment

now I'm confused. forget I said anything... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                      now I'm confused. forget I said anything... ;)
                      :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Larsky View Post
                        It's big unique feature?the ability to "squirt" a song to another Zune?is fatally flawed. It imposes its own DRM on the "squirted" file during the "squirt," regardless of copyright! The file gets deleted from the recipient's Zune after three plays. It does this regardless of the file's actual copyright.
                        For example, if you had an mp3 of your own band's performance and wanted to share it for free with your friend, your Zune won't let you.
                        The Zune won't let you burn a CD and share it with your friends? Sheesh, what else does the Zune do - secretly send music listening habits to Homeland Security?

Microsoft capitulated to the major label music industry when it designed the Zune, and that's why it will have a tough time in the market place. The iPod, for all its limitations, has always been designed to give the user more ease of use than any other competing product, and that's why it Apple commands 85 percent of the mp3 player market.
                        Then I guess the Apple fan boys have nothing to worry about. Makes me wonder why they protest so loudly.

Comment

Originally posted by mason reese View Post
                          About the ad? It was a story on CNBC a few weeks ago. I thought is was funny. The story said that Apple was retooling the commercials to star John Hodgeman (the dumpy PC) guy alone or possibly hiring a new "Mac" guy.

I was curious how that campaign was going over. I thought it was pretty funny - but also a bit insulting to PC users - the very people Apple was trying to win over.

Comment

The iPod would not be the success it is today if Jobs was actually arrogant enough to have made it incompatible with Windows. And until the issues of cost, software availability, and customization are addressed by Apple - they will never be able to really compete on a level playing field.

The MAC TV advertising was/is in very poor taste
                            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

why are they in poor taste coop? I find them humorous ... primarily because they are so true with all of the computers I've used.
                              Forever One!

Comment

Mass - Garbage in = Garbage out

I custom build my PC's with quality components and am still running solid on the installation of Windows XP when I built it in 2004. Proper usage of a firewall, updated antivirus, and acount security will keep most PC's very stable.

The advertising is in poor taste because Apple is now choosing to ridicule the consumers that made their iPod the success that it is.
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X