Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol yes, Madden 19.
    Ameer Abdullah = Saquon Barkley.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Somehow I feel that changing when they do the first status update
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Using the GPS on my phone is a mixed bag. It does work but since my car has sync the GPS doesn't speak the turn by turn directions. Then the other day Timely error-ed out and put a dialog box in the middle of the screen and blocked everything. Later the phone overheated from the GPS running and shut itself down . So I'm looking into getting a stand alone GPS with lifetime map updates, turn by turn directions and traffic updates. Any recommendations?
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          lol yes, Madden 19.
          Ameer Abdullah = Saquon Barkley.
          Except one is at the floor and he other has a roof he can't quite see yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            Using the GPS on my phone is a mixed bag. It does work but since my car has sync the GPS doesn't speak the turn by turn directions. Then the other day Timely error-ed out and put a dialog box in the middle of the screen and blocked everything. Later the phone overheated from the GPS running and shut itself down . So I'm looking into getting a stand alone GPS with lifetime map updates, turn by turn directions and traffic updates. Any recommendations?
            My 11 year old Tom Tom is still running strong. It doesn't have lifetime updates but it's easy enough to update for free and it has speed camera warnings to boot. I only bring it along on vacations away from my local stomping grounds that are many times far from cell reception. I recommend the Tom Tom brand.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

My 11 year old Tom Tom is still running strong. It doesn't have lifetime updates but it's easy enough to update for free and it has speed camera warnings to boot. I only bring it along on vacations away from my local stomping grounds that are many times far from cell reception. I recommend the Tom Tom brand.
              I tried to use my tablet since it has GPS but being out of range of wifi made it a joke. She wanted me to stay on Middle Belt but I took Ford to I275 and every 1/4 mile she kept telling me to either turn left or make a u-turn. Silly thing. Then she tried to get me to exit I275 at Michigan Avenue. Hello google lady I'm going all the way to Monroe I'm not getting off of I275.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I actually like my satellite Tom Tom GPS better than any cell type GPS. By far. Big screen, easy, understandable directions with speed limit shown, day/night mode, etc. Just don't need it most of the time

Comment

Attached Files
                  Last edited by FVD; August 9, 2018, 09:38 PM.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

I have a Tom Tom but quit using it because I refuse to pay for the map updates. How are you updating free?
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      I have a Tom Tom but quit using it because I refuse to pay for the map updates. How are you updating free?
                      I haven't tried to update since a Hawaii trip over 2 years ago. Perhaps things have changed.

How much can the roads have changed anyway? Specially the highways. This country isn't exactly redoing its infrastructure at record pace.

That's why I never paid for routine updates. Besides, our 2 separate network phones are used as backup. Unless we are way out in the boonies (and it happens), one of us usually gets a signal of some sort.

Comment

• I took it with me when I went to visit my son in a suburb of Houston. His house was 6 years old when I visited and his entire subdivision was not on the map.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

I haven't tried to update since a Hawaii trip over 2 years ago. Perhaps things have changed.

How much can the roads have changed anyway? Specially the highways. This country isn't exactly redoing its infrastructure at record pace.

That's why I never paid for routine updates. Besides, our 2 separate network phones are used as backup. Unless we are way out in the boonies (and it happens), one of us usually gets a signal of some sort.
                          From a review on BestBuy

Now I update about once a quarter, as there is a lot of construction going on in our area, and it pays to have the maps up to date.
                          That would be one reason I would think unless this gets updated on the fly. One advantage for the GPS on Android is it is constantly updated and can steer you around accidents or construction. Although one time recently she told us to exit the freeway due to an accident and then tried to get us to go right back on. Nope, not gonna do it google lady. Down the road we crossed over the freeway and could see a zillion firetrucks, ambulances and cop cars. If we had gotten right back on like she tried to tell us we would have been sunk.

Comment

• A man after Gonz's own heart

46516729_10212939490028026_6791539168490029056_o.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              I took it with me when I went to visit my son in a suburb of Houston. His house was 6 years old when I visited and his entire subdivision was not on the map.
                              Google maps is apparently pretty current and I recently read (not used) that it now can be used offline. Load your destination online and it will guide you there even if you don't have cell/data coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                Nice but there's no room for friends/family unless the bar is behind the photographer.

Comment

Working...
                                X