OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details details....
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Google maps is apparently pretty current and I recently read (not used) that it now can be used offline. Load your destination online and it will guide you there even if you don't have cell/data coverage.
      Yep, when we did our road trip around Lake Michigan I downloaded the maps for the U.P. just in case and good thing too since we lost cell coverage almost immediately after entering the U.P.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Nice but there's no room for friends/family unless the bar is behind the photographer.
        Plenty of room

46436507_10212940180045276_47777379409461248_o (1).jpg

Comment

• Are any of my fellow forumites in need of SATA hard drives for storage? I recently upgraded my Synology NAS and have a quantity of 6 TB, 4 TB, and 2 TB HGST NAS drives for sale, and additionally a Syno DX513 NAS expansion cabinet.
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Destroy technology...

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• There was discussion recently about streaming games.

I didn't think about it at the time...... but the NFL app allows me to watch all in-market games based on my location .

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

One time, running a few minutes late, we were watching it while walking up to the stadium in Detroit.

It made me wonder if anyone has used that NFL app and a vpn spoofing their location to watch games in other markets. hmmmmm. I don't need to try it, cuz I am covered. But I wonder if that would work for overseas users.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Several years ago in the days of jail breaking iPhones I had tried streaming Charter via tv tuner cards with PPTP VPN and the app was smart enough to detect it. That was about the time that banking apps started and I stopped jailbreaking phones as the apps were programmed to detect the jail broken state of the device.
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I said I was going to move on to a folding phone, maybe I'll wait until the 3rd gen to make sure it is of quality...

Comment

• I like that. After it's been out a year or 2 (after they work out the inevitable bugs) I'm going to get one.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• This is already the 2nd gen. They had to pull back the 1st to work on its quality. Plus, it's allegedly only available in S Korea and 1 or two countries (not the US).
                      ??????
                      When it gets here to my area WITH 5G capabilities, the reviews should give me enough to go on, one way or the other.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Amazon Fire Stick TV 4k is still on sale for $39.99 + tx instead of the normal $49.99 + tx.

There are several name brand wi-fi extending type devices, routers and modems on sale as well. I'm not versed at all in their usefulness but I think I'll be adding something like them at a future date after I see how the current streaming Fire Sticks I'm using continue to hold up. Nearly one week in and my regular fast Spectrum internet /wi fi is feeding all devices just fine.

PLEASE USE THE FORUM AMAZON LINK!
                          Last edited by Panoptes; September 5, 2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Samsung made major improvements to the design of its first foldable phone after the Fold suffered screen breakages that delayed its sale.

Comment

• Okay. Next year. I just bought my daughter a phone earlier this year and I'm not buying 2 in one calendar year. I just got this phone last year.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• https://liliputing.com/2019/09/amazo...sT2JWRtvTuw_P4

Comment

Working...
                                X