No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to watch The Fisher King again - that was one of my favorite movies for a long time, but I barely remember it anymore.
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• That's a good one.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• One of the three films in my life that I've returned to see again at the cinema was Jumanji. Awesome on the big screen and Robin Williams was brilliant in it. My kids loved that film.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Love that as well Marko. I always had a fondness for Mrs. Doubtfire. Probably because I could REALLY relate to it.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• My dad still quotes stuff from that film. Recently my sister turned up at my parents house unexpected and dinner was being made. My dad said, "What do you want to eat?" ....., sister replies, "Nothing major, Dad, just a cheese sandwich or something, no meat."....., my dad sings (in his best RW voice) "NO MEAT! BIG FEET!"
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I am truely sorry for Mr. Williams. I knew some about battling depression, but I never had spelled out like I did in an article last night. I used to feel nothing for those that committed suicide, but this is different. Not because of who he was and what he brought to this world, but the demons he struggled with while being so successful. I have learned a lesson through a tragic loss. RIP, Robin, Nano Nano!
              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• a few pics popped up last night that I really liked since they feature other greats that have passed:

Johnathan Winters:

Jim Varney:
                "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  One of the three films in my life that I've returned to see again at the cinema was Jumanji. Awesome on the big screen and Robin Williams was brilliant in it. My kids loved that film.

love that one
                  "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• RIP Robin. You brought laughter & tears to millions around the world

He was amazing on Inside the Actors Studio.

LMFAO!

You will be missed

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      One of the three films in my life that I've returned to see again at the cinema was Jumanji. Awesome on the big screen and Robin Williams was brilliant in it. My kids loved that film.
                      If you have children (that you love-hah), you have to see Robin Williams in "RV."

The part near the end where he confesses his love for his family (and touches home with his difficult teen daughter), makes me well up everytime as it relates to all of us with kids.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• It's terribly sad and seems like the most brilliant, creative people seem to suffer frequently from depression and addiction.

One of his movies that made the biggest impact on me personally was "What Dreams May Come." How that movie depicted suicide made a big impression on me. It's ironic or strange that he reportedly committed suicide, given that movie.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I am truely sorry for Mr. Williams. I knew some about battling depression, but I never had spelled out like I did in an article last night. I used to feel nothing for those that committed suicide, but this is different. Not because of who he was and what he brought to this world, but the demons he struggled with while being so successful. I have learned a lesson through a tragic loss. RIP, Robin, Nano Nano!
                          I've said this before, and I'll say it again, suicide is the ultimate free will option for all mankind.

Yes, those that are left behind often suffer but the individual suffering the most is the one that used the ultimate free will option to stop their insufferable situation.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• It makes you wonder why there is such a desparity about feeling happy.

This man had a lifelong career making people laugh (which is supposed to be a side effect of being happy) but could not find internal happiness.

Sad. Such a waste of talent.

Sadder there was no one in his life to help him keep on an even keel.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              It's terribly sad and seems like the most brilliant, creative people seem to suffer frequently from depression and addiction.

One of his movies that made the biggest impact on me personally was "What Dreams May Come." How that movie depicted suicide made a big impression on me. It's ironic or strange that he reportedly committed suicide, given that movie.
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Is there any truth to the rumor that the cause of death was Nair?
                                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X