• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Gomer Pyle
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Well, golly!

RIP -- sure seemed like a genuinely nice man.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Nice guy. Heck of a baritone voice

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlgio-UOng"]Gomer Pyle, USMC - The Impossible Dream - YouTube[/ame]
        Last edited by Dan V; November 30, 2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• I am saddened by Jim Neighbors death. I got to meet him as a 17 year old band member that was playing the National Anthem he sang at Tiger Stadium in a Lions vs Rams game. In fact, I was the closest band member to him while he performed and I had an Aunt from California call to say there were many close ups of me during the performance.
          Last edited by Malto Marko; December 2, 2017, 04:00 PM.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            I am saddened by Jim Neighbors death. I got to meet him as a 17 year old band member that was playing the National Anthem he sang at Tiger Stadium in a Lions vs Rams game. In fact, I was the closest band member to him while he performed and I had an Aunt from California call to say there were many close ups of me during the performance.
            Cool story MM.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• If it’s true is another story
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• MM’s favorite saying is “Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story”
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• LOL, it is true, Jackass!
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Dick Enberg, the pride of Central Michigan, was one of the best sportscasters of all time — so versatile and never bigger than the game. RIP, Mr. Enberg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
                      Dick Enberg, the pride of Central Michigan, was one of the best sportscasters of all time ? so versatile and never bigger than the game. RIP, Mr. Enberg.
                      Yep. A great era in sportscasting is slowly closing.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• RIP Mr Enberg. Another golden voice gone.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• He did a quiz show called Sports Challenge which introduced my generation to many of the great moments and legendary figures from the 1930s, '40s, '50s and '60s and was a pleasure to watch. When you heard Dick Enberg's voice, you knew you were watching with a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                            Rance Howard died....father of Clint Howard.
                            Why just Clint?
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• RIP Mr. Enberg. You were one of the best. I loved listening to you announce sporting events.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• "Oh My"
                                Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Working...
                                X