• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to hear your voice again Kansas.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• What took him so long to get a hit though?
      He was 0 fer 8 before that. Honestly, he's been making good swings and has only struck out once. I'm blaming it on the fact that they haven't been able to get outside and take BP (batting practice for the baseball impaired). A foot of snow on the ground is not conducive to a good baseball practice. Hitting inside in a cage is equivalent to a punter practicing in a Winnebago. But the snow's all gone now, so no more excuses.

He doubled last night and scored a run, hit another one to the warning track, and knocked the pitcher off the mound when he hammered a ground ball off the pitcher's shin. Ouch. So he went 1 fer 3. Hopefully, he'll start grooving a little bit and continue to at least DH for them.

He's been pitching really well. Their first 4 games of the year were at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. He was first relief out of the bullpen and pitched 5 2/3 scoreless innings in 2 games. I'll try to get a pic of him posted where he's on the mound in the Twinkie-dome. It was pretty cool.

you really do need to make more appearances here
      Why? Do you miss my keen insight on all things football? Or is it my unparalleled knowledge of cow tipping and sneaking into sheep pens?
      It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• nah, it's just that I am a sacastic mo fo, but you take it to another level entirely........
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Good to see you Kansas!

Congrats to Nolan on his recent sucesses. I know you and Mama are proud!

Comment

• Nolan was almost a hero. In the second game of a double-header, they were down 6-4 in the top of the last inning with 2 outs and runners on first and second. Nolan smoked a belt-high fast-ball that never got more than 12 feet off the ground. Unfortunately, it hit the top of the fence and we only got one run in. The next guy K'd and game over. Below is the story if anyone cares.

Midland earns split with Cougars
            By Nick Petaros/Tribune Staff

In a rematch of last year?s Great Plains Athletic Conference tournament finals, Midland Lutheran College and the University of Sioux Falls entered Monday?s make-up doubleheader at Moeller Field looking to get some momentum.

Both teams had opportunities to come away with a sweep but settled for a split as each game came down to the final out. MLC won game one 4-3 before Sioux Falls held on for a 6-5 win in game two.

The doubleheader was originally scheduled to be played Saturday at the University of Sioux Falls, but was postponed due to rain. With Sioux Falls? field still wet on Monday the teams agreed to move the game to Fremont with Midland serving as the away team on the scoreboard.

?As far as traveling down here and playing, I was just happy that we could play,? University of Sioux Falls coach Luke Langenfeld said. ?I don?t think a lot of coaches would do that when they?re supposed to play at home... We knew it was going to be a nice day and Jef (Field) worked hard to get his field ready so we thought we?d come down and get it in.?

In each game the Cougars scored multiple runs in the first inning, before Midland came charging back in the final two frames.

Sioux Falls built a 3-1 lead in game one as MLC starter Mike Burdine walked the first two batters before surrendering a two-run triple to Tony Tysinger who scored on a sacrifice fly.

After both four scoreless innings, the Warriors nearly pulled in front in the top of the sixth. Kevin Schwamel followed a Matt Huggins double with a two-run single to center.

With no outs, MLC then ran itself out of the inning. Nolan Koehn connected on a double and Schwamel?s pinch-runner was thrown out at the plate. Koehn?s pinch-runner was then picked off at second base and Sioux Falls pitcher Gabe Hirsch recorded a strikeout to retire the side with the score 3-3.

After Burdine pitched a scoreless bottom half of sixth, Midland won the game with its baserunning in the top of the seventh inning. With one out and runners on first and third, MLC pinch-runner Brad Cook scored the game?s final run on an unusual play. Cook broke for home and scored as Hirsch threw over to first base on a pickoff attempt.

?That was a supposed to be a squeeze and it worked out well for us,? MLC coach Jef Field said. ?We do have a play where we?re going to break on a lefty?s move to first base, but that was one of those plays where you get a little bit lucky.?

The Warriors weren?t as fortunate in game two.

Preseason All-American Aaron Boyer extended the Cougars? lead to 6-1 in the bottom of the fifth inning with a decisive two-run blast over the scoreboard in right-center.

?That was a huge home run,? Langefeld said. ?I didn?t even know if it was out off the bat and then it hit the top of the shed and it was definitely out.?

Monday?s doubleheader marked Boyer?s return from a broken eye socket that was suffered during Sioux Falls? spring trip to Florida.

The Warriors answered Boyer?s home run with three runs in the top of the sixth before nearly pulling ahead with a two-out rally in the seventh inning. With runners on first and second Koehn just missed a home run as his double bounced off the top of the left field fence. Huggins scored on Koehn?s hit, but pinch-runner Ricky Kalina was forced to hold up at third. Reliever Kyle Thompson then entered the game and recorded a strikeout to preserve the Cougars? 6-5 win.

Burdine earned a complete-game victory in the opener. He surrendered five hits and three earned runs along with three walks.

Sioux Falls starter Brett Swim received the game two decision. He surrendered seven hits and four earned runs in 5 2/3 innings.

Koehn led the Warrior offense by going 4-for-7 with three RBIs and three doubles in the doubleheader.

Game One

Midland 100 002 1 n 4 5 3

Sioux Falls 300 000 0 n 3 5 4

Game Two

Midland (9-18, 2-4) 001 003 1 n 5 9 3

Sioux Falls (8-9, 4-2) 211 020 X n 6 5 1

Comment

• Hey Kansas! Bet your glad to know that 'blood alcohol" levels arn't necessarily heriditary. LOL

Comment

• Good for your boy!
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Congrats Kansas!

You, your wife and the mailman must be proud! :D

Comment

• My son was at the party, but when the cops showed up he blew a 0.0 on the breathalizer, so he was "free to go". I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "Well of course he doesn't drink. His dad is the perfect role model. He's a staunch supporter of renewing prohibition and an advocate of celibacy until the age of 32 or you get married, whichever comes last."
                    or...he had just got there before the cops raided the joint.

Comment

• Congrats to Nolan and the family Kansas.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Great news Kansas, high fives to Nolan
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• You guys are probably sick of me bragging, but Nolan just made the conference player of the week.

I'm pretty proud.

Comment

• That's great news!!! He's doing very well.

I'm not sick of your bragging. Just wish you'd chime in on other things as well!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• WoooHoooooooooooo. Go Nolan Go.

Great news Kansas. Tell Nolan I said congrats.

GO LIONS "07" !!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well, the draft is over and the Lions accumulated a lot of ?Marinelli guys?. That is, guys loaded with character and have at least played some form of organized football since graduating from high school. In fact, I heard our draft pick from Alabama A&M recently was on the flag football team that beat defending champions Alabama Technical and Laser Eye Institute. So we got that going for us.

At least Matt didn?t waiver from his predilection to draft a wide receiver with his first pick. And honestly, who can blame him for not trading down and keeping Calvin Johnson? I mean, it?s not like we needed any help on defense. Plus Mel Kiper hasn?t had a wideout ranked this high on his board since Mike Williams, and that?s what?s important. You don?t need a stinkin? defense to win 4 games. You need Mike Martz and the Greatest Show That Sells Tickets, Parking, Concessions and Jerseys.

I?m trying to drink the Kool-aid on the CJ pick and keep it down. I really am. Unfortunately I?m drinking it in Jonestown and Matt Millen is Reverend Jim. I know I?m a ?the glass is fucking empty!? kind of guy, but I?m just waiting for the report to come out that Calvin is a fat, lazy pot addict with Osteoporosis and likes to order his ?forties? nude at the window of the local drive-thru liquor store. Seriously, it?s a Millen pick AND he?s a wide receiver. A combination like that has as much chance of success as Heather Mills and Lieutenant Dan pairing up in ?Dancing with the Stars?.

This is depressing. I?ve been a Lions fan for so long I don?t even look both ways when I cross the street anymore. It?s not that I?m suicidal or anything, but I just don?t care because I know that the Lions won?t win the Super Bowl while I?m alive. And just to piss me off, when they do win it all they?ll do it the season after I finally trip while running with scissors??????..in both hands. That?s why I?ve taken the liberty to personalize the Lions fans? mantra of ?Wait ?til next year!? to ?Great. Wait ?til I?m dead, ya sons o? bitches.? Because nothing, really, demonstrates your love and loyalty for your team more than dying for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X