• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleary finally gets one. A short handed one I believe
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Z-man gets a late pp goal. 4-0 with :12 left.

Great win.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• The goalie interference penalty and no goal call in the first was total bullshit.

Yup, Holmstrom did corkscrew Fleury but, he was out of the crease and since no body contact is allowed, this is a very questionable call.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Couldn't agree more Mark. The Wings, like true champions, played through it. The Pistons layed an egg and do not resemble a championship team at all. True champions keep the pedal to the floor and don't play this on again off agasin bullshit and then excuse it away by saying we play better when our backs are against the wall.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The goalie interference penalty and no goal call in the first was total bullshit.
            Im still very angry about the call, and very happy about the way the Red Wings played. I guess the more important one is the second, so im good.

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.
            I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              Couldn't agree more Mark. The Wings, like true champions, played through it. The Pistons layed an egg and do not resemble a championship team at all. True champions keep the pedal to the floor and don't play this on again off agasin bullshit and then excuse it away by saying we play better when our backs are against the wall.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
              The "pedal to the metal, championship" Wings were eliminated in the first or second round of the playoffs three consecutive seasons before getting to the conference finals last year. By comparison, the "egg-laying" Pistons are in their conference finals for the sixth straight year. I'm glad the Wings appear to be on the verge of winning the Cup, but let's not engage in revisionism. On balance this decade, the Wings have disappointed fans a lot more than the Pistons have.
              I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• On balance this decade, the Wings have disappointed fans a lot more than the Pistons have.
                Funny I think that is true, and when the Wings depose of Pittsburgh it will be their 4th Stanley Cup in 10 years (one year NHL not played). Amazing

Comment

• The decade started in 2001, Eurypedes.

Comment

• Here is a pic of the BS call, Holmstrom is scene in front of Pittsburgh goalie Marc-Andre Fleury as the puck goes into the net during 1st period the Goal did not count???? and Tomas Holmstrom was called for a goalie interference penalty!

Comment

• The League is taking a lot of flak over these calls. They're going to have to more clearly define the rule.

Comment

• IMO neither the stones or wings have been a "dispointment" quite the opposite. Having sat threw the tigers being the worst team in baseball for quite a few years and Lions (well do I need spell that one out). I'm quite happy with the cups the wings have won and finals the stones have been in!
                        I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                          The "pedal to the metal, championship" Wings were eliminated in the first or second round of the playoffs three consecutive seasons before getting to the conference finals last year. By comparison, the "egg-laying" Pistons are in their conference finals for the sixth straight year. I'm glad the Wings appear to be on the verge of winning the Cup, but let's not engage in revisionism. On balance this decade, the Wings have disappointed fans a lot more than the Pistons have.
                          Hmmmmm. I am a fan and I have found more disappointment in the way the Pistons play than the Wings. As a fan, I respect effort. I will not take time out to watch the Pistons as I can not be sure what kind of effort they are going to put into their game.

To get to the Conference Finals as many times as they have and not bring home hardware??? Naaaaa, that is not disappointing, a fan should be happy that they are losers.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "To get to the Conference Finals as many times as they have and not bring home hardware??? Naaaaa, that is not disappointing, a fan should be happy that they are losers."

Nah 1 playoff win in 50+ years...Now thats a loser.......I think the Pistons are lucky to be in the East...If they were in the West I dont think they reach the conference finals 6 straight years......In fact if they made it 3 of the 6 in that conference it would be pretty good......

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Hmmmmm. I am a fan and I have found more disappointment in the way the Pistons play than the Wings. As a fan, I respect effort. I will not take time out to watch the Pistons as I can not be sure what kind of effort they are going to put into their game.

To get to the Conference Finals as many times as they have and not bring home hardware??? Naaaaa, that is not disappointing, a fan should be happy that they are losers.
                              Using that argument, the Lions are highly successful. They've only lost a conference championship game once in 50 years!

Comment

• "Hmmmmm. I am a fan and I have found more disappointment in the way the Pistons play than the Wings. As a fan, I respect effort. I will not take time out to watch the Pistons as I can not be sure what kind of effort they are going to put into their game. "
                                -----------------BINGO!!!

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by DanO; May 25, 2008, 04:54 PM.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X