• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeeeeayyyy. Wings get a goal. 7-2
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Well, I'm inspired.

Nash gets his second consecutive hat trick against the Wings.

8-2 final.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Heh thats like the second 8 goal game against in the last week isnt it??

Comment

• wtf
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
            That is one schizophrenic team.
            Sybil has nothing on these Red Wings.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Ozzie better fix his shit before the playoffs. Glad to see Ericsson got some playing time. We could use his size for the run.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wings woke up in time to beat up a thug team last night. Preseason winding down.

Comment

• I got my first look at the Wings in a long time last night. They looked okay, but they're still not the Ducks.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• well, who is ?
                    The only logical explanation is:
                    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• CALGARY, Alberta -- While Marian Hossa's focus is on playing hockey, he is, behind the scenes, talking to his agent about what it'll take to continue playing hockey for a long time with the Red Wings.

Hossa's agent, Edmonton-based Ritch Winter, and Wings general manager Ken Holland are holding contract talks with an eye on turning Hossa's one-year deal into a long-term relationship.

"To tell you the truth, I want to sign somewhere and retire there," Hossa said Sunday. "I don't want to move around any more. I'm 30. I don't know how long I'm going to play, but I am looking for long-term deal.

"To be able to stay as a Red Wing, I am prepared to take less money, but a fair deal, so both sides are happy. That's what I'm looking for. I know if I go somewhere else, I could have more, but I'm willing to take less to stay here. Hopefully things work out."

Hossa takes a team-leading 36 goals into tonight's game at the Saddledome against the Flames. Tomas Holmstrom (knee) skated Sunday and said he would decide today if he's ready to play. Chris Osgood will get a fifth straight start in goal.

The Wings are 45-13-8 with Hossa in the lineup. He signed with them last summer because he saw them as the best chance to win a Stanley Cup.

"I could be somewhere else, you know, but I came here because I like everything and I want to be a part of it," Hossa said. "And that's why I want to still be a Red Wing and stay here."

Hossa is making $7.4 million, but the Wings will push the fact that star forward Henrik Zetterberg just agreed to a 12-year deal with an annual cap number of $6 million. Zetterberg left millions on the table to remain surrounded by talent.

"That was something we talked about when we worked the deal out," Zetterberg said. "It's not if you can live on 6 (million) or 8 million; I'd say it's more that you have a lower limit that you think you deserve, and we found that, and then they were great to give me the long term."

In addition to trying to keep Hossa, the Wings also want to retain forward Johan Franzen, who's making less than $1 million. With next season's salary cap not expected to grow much beyond this season's $56.7 million, the Wings have around $9 million in cap space left, though they'll move some lower-end players this summer.

Veterans on the team are confident Holland will pull off another coup.

"He'll figure it out somehow," Osgood said. "He always does the right thing. There's not a single guy around that doesn't think that he'll figure out a way to keep them. We always seem to be able to lure good players here who want to stay here, because it's no fun regardless of what you're making to be on a bad team. There's no substitute for winning."
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• LOL!!! And with that the entire NHL lets out a collective *GROAN!!!*

Love it. What a great organization. Why can't the Lions be like that.
                        Longtime sufferer of The William Clay Ford Football Follies Spectacular (aka The Detroit Lions).

Comment

• 2 words:

Ownership.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• By the way, I like your avatar, Misfit... Better Off Dead is one of my favorite Cuse movies.
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• What a great article regarding Hossa. The moment I read he was coming to Detroit because he wanted a cup, I figured he'd do what he could to stick around. If Holland can lock down he and Franzen we're going to be really tough to beat for a really long time.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• "The moment I read he was coming to Detroit because he wanted a cup, I figured he'd do what he could to stick around."
                                ------------------------Unfortunately it doesn't look like they are headed for a Cup this year. Last year you could see Cup all over them the way they were playing, including the goaltending. This year they don't have that look sadly.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X