No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry had a show back in the 90s from Ontario that people in Detroit watched and he always said his favorite American City is Detroit, he had Red Wings guests on all the time like Dino Ciccarelli, Steve Yzerman, Probert... ect.

Cherrys real beef is with non north American players, always has been, always will. He will never love Dats and Z. He has always hated anyone who throws a punch who wears a visor, his views and controversy has got him into trouble over the years. On Hockey night in Canada they put a 7 second delay on him. You can't go back, it is what it is now, he's old and I think its time for him to retire.
    I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• I saw Cherry on ESPN the other day, and it was really kind of pathetic; it was hard for the hosts to engage him.
      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Yea it is, even Barry Melrose is uncomfortable, intimidated if you will b/c of his icon status in Canada. It has not been good TV for ESPN, you can see last night was edited a bunch.
        I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• Another great game by the Wings. I don't see any team beating the Wings 4 out of 5 games and that's what the Ducks, errrrrrrr I mean Penguins, have to do. I don't think the Wings will sweep them but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The Wings are in the zone on defense right now.

Comment

• The Hockey News:

Here?s a little known fact concerning the Red Wings. Did you know since Scotty Bowman joined Detroit as coach in 1993, the Red Wings have been in the bottom five of fighting majors each season?

One season they were the lowest with seven. And all they have to show for it since is three Stanley Cups (going on four), five appearances in the Stanley Cup final and two more appearances in the Western Conference final.

So a certain TV personality who remains nameless, can talk all he wants about how Detroit hockey fans don?t identify with this team because it doesn?t play smashmouth hockey, but the fact is Detroit hockey fans have been fed a steady diet of this style of play for the past 15 seasons.

Throughout their run over the past decade, the Red Wings have never been a physically intimidating team, yet they?ve been by far the best one in the NHL over that stretch of time. Almost all of their intimidation has come from an abundance of skill.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• No doubt the first 2 games have been outstanding....its too bad they scheduled them the same time as the Pistons games.....Also its too bad that its on Versus and some people arent getting to see some great hockey......ESPN needs to step up and realize that hockey is more important than poker, high school cheerleading, and college softball......

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                  No doubt the first 2 games have been outstanding....its too bad they scheduled them the same time as the Pistons games.....Also its too bad that its on Versus and some people arent getting to see some great hockey......ESPN needs to step up and realize that hockey is more important than poker, high school cheerleading, and college softball......
                  To ESPN, important = revenues - expense. The rights and production costs to poker, high school cheerleading and college softball are cheap.

Comment

• "Anyone in the NHL is a harder worker than Fed, I am not so sure you can say that about Stevie."

I don't agree with that at all. Fedorov worked hard and he was a crucial member of the three Cup teams. I think the guy gets criticized so much because at times he made things look effortless and when he didn't repeat the performances it made him look like he wasn't trying. And the "Yzerman never takes a shift off" talk is also garbage. Even Stevie said you have to learn how to pace yourself and you can't go 100% all the time.

Comment

• Shhhh...you'll upset everybody's two-dimensional, stereotyped, sculpted-by-writers-of-sports-stories-for-junior-high-school-kids worldview.

Comment

• Yep, everyone who disagrees with you gets all their opinions from sportswriters.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I wouldn't know what to do, hell, I couldn't show up in this forum if I didn't hear Jim Rome's show everyday.

DanO, it's a good thing we have dodge here to help us form our opinions.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            Yep, everyone who disagrees with you gets all their opinions from sportswriters.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                            Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong point. I said writers of sports stories--you know, the high school star comes up with two outs and the bases loaded in the ninth and smacks one for his ailing grandmother--not sportswriters.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                              Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong point. I said writers of sports stories--you know, the high school star comes up with two outs and the bases loaded in the ninth and smacks one for his ailing grandmother--not sportswriters.
                              Whatever you meant, it reads the same way: If you don't agree with me, you're of lesser intellect.
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• No, you're merely misapplying your intellect.

Comment

Working...
                                X