Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maxw3ll
    replied
    Dont like Lalonde. Team compete level is uneven. Still struggling vs bad mtl team 2x. Would get ass handed to them in round 1.

Lost to playoff and good teams last week. That was the playoffs. They don't measure up.

Leave a comment:

• maxw3ll
    replied
    Wings lucky to tie in regulation. Killed off 4 mins of penalty in 3rd. And the ot. 4 on 3.

Reimer got better as game went on. He was not going to lose the shootout. Big saves even though he gave up 4 in regulation.

Wings break down defensively way too often. Easy odd man rushes and grade A chances. Why play defense if you give those up.

kane easily scores and does not care after the winner.

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Yeah I had a feeling that would happen if it was tied. Them losing that goal earlier in the game came back to haunt.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Just remember that you can get screwed over.in Montreal, just ask Bret Hart

It doesn't matter anyway as the Flyers pulled the goalie and let up an empty netter.

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    I mean Philly doesn't look like they'll do their part either after a bad call there taking away a goal in the first. Not a good night for refs.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    I'll admit I'm kinda floored that they missed the trip literally right in front of the net to begin with.

But then to let the Montreal goalie just lay on the Wings forward and not let him get up for about thirty seconds while play went on at the other end without a whistle was egregious.
    Last edited by chemiclord; April 16, 2024, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    VAR would have ruled that a no goal in the EPL.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    The Red Wings are going to be furious if they lose the game because of a blatant no-call right in front of the net that effectively gave Montreal a power play.

Leave a comment:

• maxw3ll
    replied
    Team is broken defensively. Lalonde brand of flat hockey after win is so old.

phi might beat was and det fall to mtl. Mtl looks like the better team.

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Originally posted by El Axe View Post
    Even if they don't make it, they are legitimately in the playoff chase. That's a step in the right direction and good experience.
    It's the exact same position the Lions were in at the end of year two with Campbell. Only difference is they knew the result of the other game they needed before they played

Leave a comment:

• El Axe
    replied
    Even if they don't make it, they are legitimately in the playoff chase. That's a step in the right direction and good experience.

Leave a comment:

• jaadam4
    replied
    I just can’t see this working out for them but at least they have a shot.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Whatever it takes to get into the playoffs and a main objective of the season is met. That was a good game tonight. To me having so many OT wins kind of suggests the point total is a little inflated.

Get in and see what happens. The off-season has to address the defensive deficiencies. If they lost tonight, Montreal's 4th goal would go down in infamy.

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Regulation wins is the first tie breaker. Of the in the hunt teams before the games today the Islanders were the only team that the Wings could have beat in that. But the Islanders would have to have lost both their last two games in regulation for them to stay at 90.
    Last edited by JGSpartan; April 15, 2024, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• maxw3ll
    replied
    Would OT pt and regulation loss by wash and regulation or ot loss by pit do it as well.

Not sure if 90 pts holds up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X