No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude the red wings have enough Championships to start putting them on their toes.
    Ok one for Nick, Draps and Ossys thumb. And don't forget the wig.

Comment

• Meanwhile, back at the team that considers a second round playoff exit to be a disappointing season...Wings beat Wild 4-1, but Cleary takes a teammate's shot off an ankle and breaks it. Out four weeks or so. It's still not remotely like last year, when between six and eight regulars were out of the lineup every game for about four months, but now they've lost Modano, Datsyuk and Cleary. The D will have to tighten up a bit. Still, the Wings are so deep that in the midst of all the injuries last year they were playing close to .500; their minor leaguers are a middle-of-the-pack team in the NHL.
      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
        Meanwhile, back at the team that considers a second round playoff exit to be a disappointing season...Wings beat Wild 4-1, but Cleary takes a teammate's shot off an ankle and breaks it. Out four weeks or so. It's still not remotely like last year, when between six and eight regulars were out of the lineup every game for about four months, but now they've lost Modano, Datsyuk and Cleary. The D will have to tighten up a bit. Still, the Wings are so deep that in the midst of all the injuries last year they were playing close to .500; their minor leaguers are a middle-of-the-pack team in the NHL.
        That's what is so amazing about this team.

Over here in Grand Rapids, they have a top line for the Griffins that would be a third line for nearly two-thirds of NHL teams. The depth they have from the top down and into the AHL is astounding, and speaks volumes to the quality of the Red Wings front office.

Comment

• Damn that really sucks. Cleary was having an amazing year. He just can never stay healthy whether it be from bad breaks or his style of play. Well who's our next call up from GR? Fil's brother? Tatar?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Jan Mursak. From what I've read, he has nearly the speed of Helm.

Comment

• Havent heard too much about him but hopefully he plays well. It'd be nice to find another gem down there especisally if he has that kind of speed.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Mursak can really fly, but he doesn't have quite that explosion to top speed that Helm does. If he can get a clear run through the neutral zone though, he can go from his blue line to the attacking zone in a hurry.

He seems a bit tentative on the defensive end, but that's something that some coaching at the NHL level can fix, I think.

Comment

• I'm so excited to see Mursak tonight

I was hoping he would get called up when Datsyuk got injured...I didn't realize it would take losing our second best player as well for him to get the call.

He does have the speed of Helm, but he also does things that remind me of Datsuk quite a bit...not just him wearing #13 at the Griffins games. When watching the game you can notice he has really good hands and scoring ability but then he does those Houdini-esque moves along the boards that Datsyuk does every game where theres 4 players on the boards and all of a sudden he comes out with the puck

IM PUMPED FOR #39!!!!
                  2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• very nice..
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Looks like Ozzie gets #400 tonight. Wings 4-3 winners in OT.

JMO- I'm not one who thinks Osgood is worthy of the HoF. I just never considered him an elite goaltender.

Comment

• I'm with you bro.. He carried a few years back to the cup with suberb tending when Hasek went south but other than that he's just been real lucky to be on Red Wing teams.

Congrats tho!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He will be in the Hall of Fame
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• ...and deservedly so.

He has the numbers.

I can respect those who never viewed him as a shutdown goalie but, he has been solid and owns the hardware and numbers to suggest he is an elite goalie.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I've never understood the fans relation to Ozzy. He's won three cups in twelve years, twice as the primary goalie in the playoffs. Is the 10th winningest goalie ever.

And yet its not good enough. I think that having Vernon start in the first stanley cup run after splitting time in the regular season really established his mediocrity in some people's minds.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• For those thinking playing behind the Wings has everything to do with it, recall that Oz took the Lionesque Isles to the playoffs and that some of his big 'meltdowns' also involved the likes of 'Gimpy Chelios' and 'Moron Marty Lapointe.' I think he's definitely a bit better than solid.
                                Suspicion breeds trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X