No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erhoff is off the market as well. FA is looking slim for dmen.

On the plus side Ericsson was resigned for 3 years at a reasonable deal.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Watching NHL channel last night to catch transactions and they were talking about Ericsson. They had him high on the wish list for Philly and Chicago. I am glad we kept him as he seemed to get it last season. Look for him to play this year with Lidstrom.

Comment

• I wish that was the case but I just dont see Ericsson filling that slot.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• this is such a thin FA market tho.. maybe he'll have to.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I was hoping Ericsson would re-sign for under 3mil a year... but I suppose with the market as it is, the Wings didn't have all that much choice, but it's not a bad deal.

Comment

• He's making more money than Kronwall. Resigning him is gonna cost a bundle.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• We locked up Eaves with a nice easy contract

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings have re-signed forward Patrick Eaves to a three-year contract that averages $1.2 million a season.

Eaves, 27, had contemplated exploring at the free-agent market today at noon, but general manager Ken Holland said Thursday night that a deal was close.

Eaves is a valuable checker and one of the team's top penalty-killing forwards with his willingness to block shots. He has some offensive upside, scoring 13 and 12 goals in each of the past two seasons with a strong wrist shot.

He earned $750,000 last season.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And Drew Miller, 2 years at 825K per.

Comment

• Jagr stays in Pennsylvania.

Comment

• Jovanovski gone. 4 year deal with Florida. Not sure about the $ but I wouldn't have gone over 2 years.

Comment

• Wings sign Mike Commodore, 1 yr, 1 Mill.

Comment

• uhhhhhhhhh.. Commodore? Wasnt he the one that was talking shit about Babcock holding him back or something
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                            Look for him to play this year with Lidstrom.
                            Looks like you were right, thats exactly who Ericsson will be playing with thsi year. Maybe he'll be able to make the jump.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Jovanovski signed for 4 years and over $16 million according to what I saw on detnews.com. That's seems steep.

It might have been cool to see Jagr paired with Datsyuk but I'd rather see the Wings go after younger forwards who can check and play defensively.

Comment

• What a terrible FA year!! I was actually hoping Ericsson would split, until nobody was left out there. Still a $3.25m / year cap hit, and he not going to magically get any better with the puck! Drew Miller the progress stopper and healthy scratch for 2 years really? I guess this will show Draper the retirement door, Hudler should be gone somehow too.

Were stuck with Mike Commodore? A 7th d-man who's been plagued with injury problems and only played 20 games last year!! Patrick Eaves 3-year, $3.6m? Another / cap hit, he's ok - not worth that much.
                                Last edited by WingsFan; July 1, 2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X