No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last time the wings won the cup it came to da stee, and my oldest daughter and I went down and kissed the cup while getting out picture taken... just too cool
    If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• I wonder if it will make its way to Seattle??
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        I wonder if it will make its way to Seattle??

Aughhh, nope. No one in Seattle plays hockey. They only care about football. Microsoft put up enough money for someone to purchase a franchise.

I have no problem with the way Paulie has run his franchise.

To kiss the cup you need to have a cup winner come from your area.

How has Seattle embraced hockey?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Interesting.......

Just saw an interview on the tube with Cheli. He was asked if he will be back next year. His response: "I have always said I would rather play less and win than more an lose. I am will to do whatever it takes"

His leadership and mentoring for younger players is unparalled. I would rather have him playing 40-50 games and be healthy for the playoffs than a healthy Lilja.

I guess we shall see.

Comment

• I totally agree. Use him kind of like the Pistons did with L Hunter.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I was just kidding Malto. Its shocking how little people in Seattle care about hockey.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

I was just kidding Malto. Its shocking how little people in Seattle care about hockey.
                Hockey is a sport that one has to have tried or played to fully appreciate. It is too fast for those who are looking to be entertained, too physical for the weak of stomach, and requires more skills than the average joe is willing to master.

Besides being an enormously expensive sport to participate in, the bottom line is as with most sports, if you do not excel with your first attempts, you will lose interest in it quickly.

It has been my experience that most of the female followers do so because they like the thought that at any given moment, a fight will break out. Most of them are pacifists but there is something about wanting to watch two people go at it then act like it never happened soon after.

Comment

• My mom use to love watching boxing Malto. Probably an inner desire to see two men beat the shit out of each other.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

I was just kidding Malto. Its shocking how little people in Seattle care about hockey.
                    How short do you have to be to care about hockey in Seattle? ;)

Comment

• Not really a big deal to most of us, but... one of those dumb career moves. Katrina Hancock just wrote her ticket out of Detroit, her e-mail has been taken down by the station. As a reporter for major market sports office you don't say anything that could come off as negative about the fanbase in your town.

Detroit TV personality: Pittsburgh has better fans than Detroit

I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• [youtube]aE_CDyGV71c[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                          How short do you have to be to care about hockey in Seattle? ;)
                          2655303.jpg
                          I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Incidentally, Verne was born in Sturgis, grew up in Centreville and went to a community college in Coldwater. I didn't know that!
                            I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Bob Probet has a small bit as a hockey player in the movie

Comment

• Well Cheli says he's coming back and Ken Holland says he wants him. I was flat out wrong about that one. I was deadsure if the Wings won the Cup Cheli would bow out. I guess he's thinking there's the chance of a repeat.

Now for other matters....Let's start a campaign to get Mike Ilitch to by the Lions.

Comment

Working...
                                X