No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah but the first part of his post is better than the part about going after Suter and Parise. Unless Wings have an exemption from the salary cap that ain't happening. The Wings are what they are, they are a small team that relies on skill players and their formula works. They aren't going to get some huge infusion of talent via free agency. And its very hard to trade their prospects for some game changer.

But it is always been this way with the Wings. That posts could have happened in 1997. The trade that sprung them was the Murphy trade. And nobody could believe that trade they needed a SUter type then allegedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
      Can you believe three guys chasing the guy carrying the puck into the zone and all three chasing him behind the goal line only to have him pass to someone out front and no one is home?

To compound things, Howard was cutting off the angle out of the crease facing the corner and left 4/5ths of the net open.

I battled that kind of play in Pee Wees.
      Yep.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• "I'm sorry but directing terrible shots to a goalie that sucks everything up like a wet/dry vac out there is not the definition of "outplay."
        -----------------That's what the quotation marks represent. How about "carried the play". Does that make you feel better. We always "play" the "best" goalie don't we. Fact is the Wings have problems putting the puck in the net.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The Wings offense is built around perimeter shots being deflected, either by a man in front or an opponent. Otherwise the shot goes straight into the goalie's chest protector. It's not hard to stop those shots. When the execution is off, the opposing goalie looks like he's standing on his head; taking 30 shots with 29 saves.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk can break down a defense, but for most everyone else, they settle for those set plays. Which is fine. Wings fans are so used to having these deep rosters that could all score seemingly at whim. Those days are pretty much gone. Now the Wings are in the same boat as everyone else... looking to get hot at the right time.

Comment

• Just out of curiousity, is goaltending illegal in Pennsylvania?
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• LOL!
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Wow, that game was ridiculous.

Flyers up 3-2 going into the 2nd and I think to myself "well at least shittsburgh will probably get swept." Then I take a shower and when I turn the game back on it's 4-3 PIT and then the debacle just kept getting worse from there.

And yes I do believe the wings will try to get Suter and Parise because I'm fairly confident that Stuart will be gone and unless teams are offering him 7mil+ a year, I think the wings will go hard after Suter. With the cap space they already have, they could easily fit both of them long term under the cap.

2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Suter and Praise? As awesome as that would be where the heck would we come up with the scratch for that. You'd need at least 14-15 for both. We don't have that kind of loot.

This team is going to REALLY miss Stuart. He's a goner and it's going to hurt. Stuart does all the little things perfectly.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
                    Wow, that game was ridiculous.

Flyers up 3-2 going into the 2nd and I think to myself "well at least shittsburgh will probably get swept." Then I take a shower and when I turn the game back on it's 4-3 PIT and then the debacle just kept getting worse from there.

And yes I do believe the wings will try to get Suter and Parise because I'm fairly confident that Stuart will be gone and unless teams are offering him 7mil+ a year, I think the wings will go hard after Suter. With the cap space they already have, they could easily fit both of them long term under the cap.

http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster.php?id=1117
                    Under your scenario they "easily" fit them under the cap with 200K to spare and only 22 men on the roster. There is no wiggle room for injuries and those prices for Suter and Parise seem to be underpriced.

Comment

• I heard the Suter/Parise thing on the radio. Valenti said they supposedly want to play on the same team so maybe they take a discount? I don't buy it though.

Comment

• I've heard that as well Tom and it wasn't from Valenti.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• So can we afford them both AND Nick or is that if Captain retires?
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• follow that link to capgeek he put together a wishful salary cap structure where they get both.

Comment

• DETROIT – Zach Parise likes the way the Detroit Red Wings play. And he loves watching Pavel Datsyuk.
                              That can only help the Red Wings' chances of landing Parise, the New Jersey Devils star who is expected to be this summer's premier unrestricted free-agent forward.
                              “I think they play the right way,'' Parise said of the Red Wings. “They play hard. The puck possession is great. The way the (defense) get involved is awesome. They play a great style of hockey. Really fun to watch.''
                              Parise, 27, has scored more than 30 goals in each of his past five full seasons.
                              He called Datsyuk “my most favorite player to watch.''
                              “He's awesome,'' Parise said. “He does everything out there. Just some of the passes he makes to set up guys are unbelievable.
                              “He does everything and plays the game the right way. For any player just watching him, you try to mimic some things he does out there. It's not fun playing against him, but he's fun to watch."
                              Parise and his close friend, Nashville Predators defenseman Ryan Suter, are at the top of the Red Wings' 2012 free-agent wish list. But many teams will be seeking their services, if they don't re-sign with their clubs.
                              “People come up with stuff and you never know what's true and what's not,'' Parise said. “Even now, you try not to pay attention to it and try to focus on what you're doing. We've got two games left and then the playoffs, so that's the last thing on my mind."
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Praise will get at least 8 mil and Suter won't be far behind. They're not going to give some huge discount.

Praise Dats and Franzen would be really nice.

AND I WANT A F'ING ENFORCER!!!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X