No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Doan said he won't announce/make his decision until July 9th which is like the day after some vote or decision is made regarding the ownership situation in Phoenix.

If he does leave Phoenix though, I would also love to add him just to remove the possibility of having to play against him in the playoffs anymore.

I am also getting really skeptical about signing Parise for the rumored 12yr/100mil+ offers he has been fielding because he will be 28 in a few weeks and signing him for that cap hit for the rest of his career really hampers us, which is why I would rather sign Semin for a smaller cap hit and for a much smaller term (3-4 years).

Oh this is getting ridiculous but the wings plane arrived in Madison, WI this morning to meet with Suter at his farm and are on their way back scheduled to land in an hour...some wings fan found the flight tracker of it and Kahn posted it to Mlive.
    Flight Tracker (en route flights, arrivals, departures, history) with live maps and aircraft photos
    2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Yeah man me too. I doubt he leaves the Yotes but if he came here id be all for it. The dude is hell to play against in the playoffs.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• These 10 plus year contracts suck ass
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          These 10 plus year contracts suck ass
          I thought the long contracts were just a salary cap trick. You can front load the payments but it only counts as the average salary per year when calculating your cap total. Something like that. Maybe I'm wrong. I did zero research.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Either way it's complete bs. These hockey contracts are getting insane. Parise isn't worth 100 mil nor is Suter worth 90.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• If a bunch of teams want them, they are worth it.

Comment

• Supply and demand.

I can only imagine what Weber is going to get next season. Now that's one player I'd go a max deal for a dman. Can you imagine Weber and Doan on the same team?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah the cba sucks and it expired already so there is a possibility for a lockout if they don't get a new deal done because like all situations the owners want way more share of the revenue than the players union believes they should have.

Oh and yeah that is another reason it is stupid because of those "clever" cap tricks like adding additional years onto a contract at 1mil salary per season to lessen the average cap hit, and then the player just retires instead of playing out the last couple of those years and making the majority of the money in the contract he signed.

Comment

• I also agree that getting Doan would be great to see, alas I highly doubt he's leaving Phoenix so long as the there is no problem with the ownership come July ninth. But I think Detroit should give him a good offer to help persuade him.
                    I think it's safe to say Parise is not going to be a Red Wing. We are not offering the same amount of money as other teams.... and I don't think he likes the Red Wings enough to take less money just to come play here. I expect he'll be in Minnesota or Pittsburgh next year..... and I am guessing Pittsburgh but hoping Minnesota.

Still not a fan of Semin. The thought of him playing on a line with Datsyuk is intriguing so long as his contract is short term and the financial aspect is minimal. But his lackadaisical approach and attitude is not what the team needs at this point. The Wings seem to have been struggling with that lately. One game they play like it's a playoff game and the next it looks like they don't give a damn. To many times they just sat back in the game until they were losing by two or more points and then you would see them start hustling. Although a lot of the time they would overcome the deficit when they started to actually hustle, it still bit them in the ass to many times.
                    Last edited by Habib21; July 3, 2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• What I would love to see is the Red Wings go after Jarome Iginla.
                      He's a big forward, great leadership and character, right handed shot, puts up steady points. Calgary has said they plan on making sure he retires as a Flame.... but who knows if that's actually what he wants to do. He is in the last year of his contract, and probably only has another 3-4 years of serviceable playing time left in him. I'm sure he would like to be with a contender to have a shot at the cup before he retires.

Obviously this doesn't really help the wings get younger.....so that is the big con to this idea. But depending on what it would take to get him..... it might be worth it.

Thoughts on what it would take to get the trade done? Is it worth it?

Comment

• Nash and Bobby Ryan are the two guys available we could go after (by available I mean being shopped).

I would love to see Iginla here but with the signings they have made, it's clear that Calgary is gunning for that #8 seed this year instead of completely blowing it up and rebuilding...they would rather be stuck in the middle of the league, so I don't think they are looking to trade Iginla.

Comment

• Unless a three team + circus trade happens, B RYAN will never be traded direct to ANA's perceived biggest rival, DET.

Not happening.

And if any top 3 Duck player gets traded, it should be GETZLAF.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Unless a three team + circus trade happens, B RYAN will never be traded direct to ANA's perceived biggest rival, DET.

Not happening.

And if any top 3 Duck player gets traded, it should be GETZLAF.

Huh?

Perceived biggest rival?

Maybe by a knowledgeable sports fan with an interest with another Detroit sports team but, I do not think Joe Duck give two shits about the Wings.

.........other than you beat them others go hmmmmmmmmmm.

That was from a fan perspective.

From a Coaching and Administration perspective...............I understand completely.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I didn't think they were still perceived rivals.

I mean, Getlaf and Perry are really the only two leftover from when the teams had a tremendous amount of animosity between them but they certainly don't seem like our rival and haven't really been since Pronger, Nieds, Parros, etc. left

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                Huh?

Perceived biggest rival?

Maybe by a knowledgeable sports fan with an interest with another Detroit sports team but, I do not think Joe Duck give two shits about the Wings.

.........other than you beat them others go hmmmmmmmmmm.

That was from a fan perspective.

From a Coaching and Administration perspective...............I understand completely.
                                Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
                                I didn't think they were still perceived rivals.

I mean, Getlaf and Perry are really the only two leftover from when the teams had a tremendous amount of animosity between them but they certainly don't seem like our rival and haven't really been since Pronger, Nieds, Parros, etc. left
                                Yes...perceived rivals.

And with two WINGS honks like you, dont go acting all coy now about how DET is a solid measuring stick of what it will take to succeed in the NHL year after year.

When I, a DUCKS fan, look at the schedule every year, I don't look for when ANA plays the LAK or even SJ, I look for when DET comes to town.

The DET v ANA game that BILL C from this forum sent me to at the end of last year, had on the game program in bold letters, RIVALRY WEEK with a picture of one player from each team scrumming for the puck.

Plz don't tell a Huge DUCKS fan who the teams rival is considered to be. I know what team it is. And the org. knows as well.

Hell, VAN v ANA games have a better rivalry feel to them bcz the VAN fans travel well and show up in hordes.

A rivalry with the LAK might come to be after they finally tasted victory. Ha

But for now, ANA knows if they can't compete with DET, they can't compete.
                                Last edited by Panoptes; July 4, 2012, 10:05 AM.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X