No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to agree Tony....i certainly wouldn't want to have to outguess Ken....and I predict the team will look much different by the trade deadline next season. He has a way of pulling off deals I could never have imagined. Although I can't see any gm in our division ready to deal wiith him....(i hope I'm wrong...I have my own wish of players I'd like to see in a wings uni)

Comment

• So I think the best team we could ice would result from us signing Semin, Doan, and Kubina...but I really want to know what Phoenix would want from us for Yandle if they are indeed shopping him.
      2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post

But hating a team won't make a difference in the front office when it comes to trades outside of the conference so long as it makes your team better.
        I don't think Anaheim gives a shit about trading to the Wings so long as the Wings are the ones who make the best offer.
        You are dead wrong on this topic.

And I didn't say the rivalry was based on hating, its based on using DET as a measuring stick.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Wow!!! Want crazy? I seriously thought we'd get them both.

Really wish we'd have landed Souray
          FIFY

As for SOUREY, are you baiting me?

ANA struck fast on 3 D players they wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
            Suter and Parise are good friends and wanted to play together. Too bad about Suter...Parise was never coming to Detroit. Personally I consider that good news. In my opinion Parise is overrated. Certainly not worth nearly one hundred million over 13 years. We still have lots of cap room and before all is said and done Holland will swing a some sweet deals.
            For the NHL, that was LeBRON and BOSCH to the HEAT scandalous type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              Yes...perceived rivals.

And with two WINGS honks like you, dont go acting all coy now about how DET is a solid measuring stick of what it will take to succeed in the NHL year after year.

When I, a DUCKS fan, look at the schedule every year, I don't look for when ANA plays the LAK or even SJ, I look for when DET comes to town.

The DET v ANA game that BILL C from this forum sent me to at the end of last year, had on the game program in bold letters, RIVALRY WEEK with a picture of one player from each team scrumming for the puck.

Plz don't tell a Huge DUCKS fan who the teams rival is considered to be. I know what team it is. And the org. knows as well.

Hell, VAN v ANA games have a better rivalry feel to them bcz the VAN fans travel well and show up in hordes.

A rivalry with the LAK might come to be after they finally tasted victory. Ha

But for now, ANA knows if they can't compete with DET, they can't compete.
              Me coy?
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
                We will be fine as long as he doesn't over-react and overpay for Carle who is just a glorified Quincey. By "we will be fine" I mean we will be lucky to make the playoffs unless Kronwall, Big E, Quincey, Smith, and J-Ho step up in big ways.

Minnesota has like 48 million locked up on forwards, their best D-man before getting Suter was Gilbert...even with Parise and Suter they are not Stanley Cup Contenders, if they have an injury the team will be scrambling to make the playoffs.

Still hoping for Semin and Doan, + a trade for Bouwmester, Yandle, or one of the other rumored to be available D-men.
                Yeah the wings are still a very attractive destination. Doan would be awesome. Semin scares me a little bit with his ability to stay healthy.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I think people seriously overrate how much Ken Holland can do.

Comment

• Think Suter is looking for the C?
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I have no idea, but think about this. Minnnesota just spent 200 million dollars for two really good players, but does it make them longtime contenders? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I would have welcomed either player, but I'm not sure this isn't a case of being an extreme sellers market.

pANDs

This upcoming season is going to be interesting. We are going to see how much Nicklas Lidstrom was really worth.

Comment

• Nick was worth a lot to the Wings. Really surprised that Suter took the Wild offering when the Wings only offered 8 million less.

Still, I am sure Holland has a couple plans that were on the backburner are now Plan A. One thing that might happen is that the prospects might be a bit rawer than fans are used to.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I'm not that suprised, the rumor for a year was that those two wanted to go play together. Thats what they did.

Hopefully Holland can pull a rabbit out of his hat, but its more likely that the team takes a step back. They are going to have to fight to get a playoff spot now. The D is highly suspect now. Those guys they signed would have been great signings for the team that ended the season with Stuart and Lidstrom.

Comment

• July 4, 2012 at 1:00 am
                            What do the Wings do now? Here's the available talent

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• BTW, it is amazing how little faith Wings fan has in Ken Holland.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I have faith but they better hope some of these draft picks pan out or we're screwed. We're still a good team right now because of Dats, Z and Franzen. We don't have much waiting in the wings IMO
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X