No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Chelios is having his knee scoped, I assume that was the real reason.

Comment

• Z or Feds..

I think i might pick Feds.. Thats a really tough one.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Lets see if Z can get three rings

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Lets see if Z can get three rings
          Whatever you say, Gonz.
          I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Fed was an integral part of 3 cup championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
              I'd take Zetterberg over Federov, based as much on attitude as anything else. Plus Z hasn't seen his best hockey yet.
              I am with you. Fed has talent but does not bring it every night. Z has talent and brings it every night. Based on bringing it, I would take Z.

The best part about this question is the Wings have/had both in their prime. Winner winner chicken dinner!
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "Fed has talent but does not bring it every night."

Again, I have to question that. How many Selke trophies was the guy nominated for? That's pretty much the definition of a guy that brings it every night. I think he also has the record for most consecutive playoffs with at least 20+ points and yet people still question him showing up in the playoffs.

Comment

• Forget it Tom, its a lost cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    "Fed has talent but does not bring it every night."

Again, I have to question that. How many Selke trophies was the guy nominated for? That's pretty much the definition of a guy that brings it every night. I think he also has the record for most consecutive playoffs with at least 20+ points and yet people still question him showing up in the playoffs.
                    Who cares how many he was nominated for? Fact of the matter is the guy was ultra talented. Even his teammates grumbled at his commitments.

I agree it is a lost cause. It is fine if you wish to believe that he is the best player the Wings have ever had. You might even be right if that is your opinion. My opinion comes from much experience in developing the skills necessary to play the game and participation with players of the game. I watch the game a bit differently than the average fan (as most coaches do in any sport). I saw a player that was heads and shoulders above most everyone on the ice and that came out about 60-70 percent of the time. Those are just my observations and opinions. They hold no weight in the scheme of things other than to opine that had he brought it with more consistency, he would be re-writing tons of records. Instead, he has played a lot of golf while others are playing playoff hockey.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I cant believe anyone would call Feds lazy. Bowman rode him more then anyone to be the MVP of the league. You dont win the Hart by being lazy. Dumb
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        Winner winner chicken dinner!
                        lol
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• From what I remember, Federov was not happy playing second fiddle to Yzerman. He was a fantastic player, but he was put on D one year because of his attitude. Hell, I'd take Datsyuk over him also.

Comment

• No he was put on D because they were short defenseman, not because of attitude. But don't let facts get into the way.

Malto Marko looks at the game so differently that he didn't even see Fedorov play the 2002 playoffs.

It is fine if you wish to believe that he is the best player the Wings have ever had.

Who said that strawman?

Comment

• I thought he was doing shifts on defense because the Wings needed a defenseman, and Federov could do anything. It's not like it was a punishment. Anyhow, I want to see the best athletes in the world regardless of whether they "bring it every night". If I wanted to simply observe people working hard, I'd go to Mickey D's and watch the crew during rush hour.
                              I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Yes we were short on D, but Scottie threw him there to teach him a lesson on the importance of D. And it worked, but Federov was not happy about the move. Yet while I bitch a little, he was one of my favorite players and I would take he back in a heartbeat. Hell, if he resigns with the Capitals, I just may puchase a ticket package to watch him play with Ovechkin.

Comment

Working...
                                X