No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant see Feds or his agent demanding a big contract. I do remember reading around the trade deadline that some folks in the org didnt want to bring him back. They werent that high on him.

I personally think he'd be awesome. We'd have Hank, Dats, Drapes and Feds. That's 4 players that have been nominated or have won the Selke at one point in their career.

Feds or Sundin. Give'em a year contract and lets drop the puck.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
      I don't see how Federov wasted anything. He played on three champions. He's had a fine career. He played in an era where nobody racked up big numbers; he wasn't going to challenge Esposito or Gretsky or Lemieux or even Yzerman earlier in his career. I will be perfectly blunt. I think Detroit fans dis him because he wasn't North American.
      ~ I think fans jilt him because he had the nerve to play elsewhere.
      Forever One!

Comment

• Well, there's that, but other guys--Shanahan comes to mind--left Detroit for greener pas$ture$, and you don't hear venom spewed their way.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
          ~ I think fans jilt him because he had the nerve to play elsewhere.
          Exactly
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
            Well, there's that, but other guys--Shanahan comes to mind--left Detroit for greener pas$ture$, and you don't hear venom spewed their way.
            When Shanny left it was different. We let him walk. We desperatly wanted Feds back. When Mr I himself calls a player to offer money means the Wings want him back.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• So you hate him because you wanted him to stay and he didn't? That has something of a psychological feel to it.
              Last edited by gjdodger; June 12, 2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• When Shanahan left, he didn't have much left in the tank. Fedorov was still at the top of his game, which is why I think it bugs Wings fans more. I don't think the fact that he's a Euro means a difference, most of the team is Euro now. Personally, I never held animosity towards Fedorov. I wish we could of kept him, but oh well, shit happens.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• We should all be grateful to all the Russians, and the smart guys who recruited them. The Wings were constantly falling short until they came along.

Comment

• Its making me mad all over again thinking about Feds spurning the Wings. Screw him. Sign Sundin
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Damn, you got it bad. Here, this will make you feel better:

anna.jpg

Comment

• Didn't Fed accept less to walk?

I believe he was angry because he felt he should wear the C and the Wings were not going to take it away from Stevie.

I for one am not angry at him because he is a Euro. I am angry because I still believe he took too many nights off and had the ability to be a Wing for life but he had other ideas.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I can certainly understand why Fedorov would want out. What's the point of being a Red Wing for life if you are always going to be in the shadow of a player who at the end was gimped and struggling while you were carrying the load?

And when you do make it all happen... you're second page material in regards to the guy who could barely make it on the ice? Fedorov was the red-headed stepchild in the media and by the much of the fan base. That would certainly be frustrating to me.

Fedorov didn't take any more games off than Yzerman. Hell, Stevie could barely PLAY in the last two rounds of the 2002 playoffs. He even ADMITTED as much. And yet, everyone was so giddy to see "Stevie Y" win one more.

You are the classic example of WHY Fedorov said "fuck it", Marko. He played just as hard, if not harder, for just as long as anyone else. When was the last time Stevie Y. sucked it up and actually took the ice as a DEFENSEMAN? My money says #19 wouldn't be able to swallow his pride long enough to last one game.

And yet, for all he did, for being an integral piece of the puzzle for THREE championship teams, the media and fan-base gave him a collective middle-finger. Gee... I can't imagine WHY he'd not JUMP all over the opportunity to be a "Red Wing for life"...

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            I can certainly understand why Fedorov would want out. What's the point of being a Red Wing for life if you are always going to be in the shadow of a player who at the end was gimped and struggling while you were carrying the load?

And when you do make it all happen... you're second page material in regards to the guy who could barely make it on the ice? Fedorov was the red-headed stepchild in the media and by the much of the fan base. That would certainly be frustrating to me.

Fedorov didn't take any more games off than Yzerman. Hell, Stevie could barely PLAY in the last two rounds of the 2002 playoffs. He even ADMITTED as much. And yet, everyone was so giddy to see "Stevie Y" win one more.

You are the classic example of WHY Fedorov said "fuck it", Marko. He played just as hard, if not harder, for just as long as anyone else. When was the last time Stevie Y. sucked it up and actually took the ice as a DEFENSEMAN? My money says #19 wouldn't be able to swallow his pride long enough to last one game.

And yet, for all he did, for being an integral piece of the puzzle for THREE championship teams, the media and fan-base gave him a collective middle-finger. Gee... I can't imagine WHY he'd not JUMP all over the opportunity to be a "Red Wing for life"...
                            Interesting take, Chemi.

First, the Captain had about 10 years seniority on Fed. He also played injured during previous playoff runs and was one of the athletes that utilized the hyperbolic chamber to increase healing.

It has been established that during the regular season, Fed refused to play because he had a sore throat. I will admit there is a difference between healing in the playoffs and playing in the regular season but, to a hockey player, playing in a game is most important to them.

As an individual that has sustained injuries due to working conditions but manage to persevere and continue to be an asset, sometimes the young bucks that are up and coming need to learn from the older bucks that have learned how to persevere.

Now with your comments about being an intergral part of winning three cups, guess what? I am guessing that if Fed had remained an Wing, he would have at least three more rings.

We already know they won one this year without him. I am willing to bet if he was still on the roster, they would have won at least two others. He is a player that can make a difference. It may be his upbringing in the
                            Soviet culture that brought on his on again off again performances but, I will still suggest he has/had the talent to break so many records in the NHL he would have been crowned the best player ever.

Since he was happy with three and thought he should be crowned king, does that make him right?

Comment

• You've got this idea that Fedorov had the ability to be crowned "the best player ever."

Gee... you're not setting lofty standards, are you?

Guess what? He didn't. He wasn't going to make anyone forget Gretzky. He was never going to be quite as dazzling as Lemieux or as legendary as Bobby Orr. Hell, he wasn't even going to supplant the name of the greatest in the Detroit FRANCHISE. He wasn't that good, no matter what you may think otherwise.

He left because he was tired of being the media's whipping boy, sick of having the disdain of 70% of the fan base for absolutely no logical reason, and stuck for the remainder of his career being Steve Yzerman's wingman. And that would have NEVER gone away, even after Yzerman's retirement. He needed to move on, for his sanity and so that hopefully, morons like you would appreciate how good they really had it.

Lesson apparently not learned.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; June 12, 2008, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                You've got this idea that Fedorov had the ability to be crowned "the best player ever."

Gee... you're not setting lofty standards, are you?

Guess what? He didn't. He wasn't going to make anyone forget Gretzky. He was never going to be quite as dazzling as Lemieux or as legendary as Bobby Orr. Hell, he wasn't even going to supplant the name of the greatest in the Detroit FRANCHISE. He wasn't that good, no matter what you may think otherwise.

He left because he was tired of being the media's whipping boy, sick of having the disdain of 70% of the fan base for absolutely no logical reason, and stuck for the remainder of his career being Steve Yzerman's wingman. And that would have NEVER gone away, even after Yzerman's retirement. He needed to move on, for his sanity and so that hopefully, morons like you would appreciate how good they really had it.

Lesson apparently not learned.
                                Well, I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions but I do believe if he remained with Detroit he would have shattered all of the the playoff records ever held by any Detroit player. One does not forget the likes of Gretzky, Howe or Messier, they only put others on the same pedistal.

You can disagree with my position but I suspect my knowledge about the skills needed to play the game and the development and execution of those skills would qualify my opinion to be a little higher than that of a moron.

He is/was but a single player on the team and it requires a group of skilled players to achieve playoff success. Something I suspect he now misses and might be appreciating on his own how good he had it.

Comment

Working...
                                X