Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Scotty Bowman is definitely a name I wish we had back. It's some bullshit that he's helped the Hawks build a powerhouse like this
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    High draft picks did that Jad.
    Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I don't disagree that they had young talent but you can't deny he's left his mark there as well. And don't discount the Hossa move either. That was one of the worst decisions we've made in along time.
    Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    And yes I know the salary cap played a part.
    If his son didn't have the job there he wouldn't have left us. It's not like there was room for him in the D
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• His imprint there is overrated. They had a lot of high draft picks that panned out, draft picks that were done before he got there.

Comment

• I would take his overrated ass back in a New York second.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• ayup
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I didn't say he was overrated strawman. His imprint over there was, he went over there and it was a formed team. I'm sure he's helped, but he isn't running things, he isn't coaching them. He didn't get them Kane and Toews.

Comment

• We don't know what the level of his input is there or what it was on the wings. I believe his input made Ken Holland a much better and effective GM.

Comment

• Exactly
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The way Jad talks about him is he went over and created the Blackhawks, the fact is the big guns were there from the benefit of high draft picks. And he's not the GM.

Comment

• No he isn't, he's the jedi master that's whispering in the GM's ear.

Comment

• I guess

Comment

• Yeah.. You're right Froot. I'm glad he's gone. After he was done coaching he didn't do anything for the Wings besides collect a paycheck and be a name. Front offices are one man and one man only. That's the GM and that's it.

Is that better ?
                        Last edited by jaadam4; January 24, 2014, 02:40 PM.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                          No he isn't, he's the jedi master that's whispering in the GM's ear.

Bowman or Xanders ?
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            I didn't say he was overrated strawman. His imprint over there was, he went over there and it was a formed team. I'm sure he's helped, but he isn't running things, he isn't coaching them. He didn't get them Kane and Toews.
                            I have been called jackass, asshole and a number of other things. Strawman? Not so much.

Fact is, he was instrumental in the decision of whether to resign the young players that had earned the right to higher contracts (which was not something the Chicago Ownership was known for doing). He was also instrumental in bringing in role players and building the third and fourth lines.

His acumen for evaluating talent is unequaled and he always seems to find the right guys for the right job.

Just because some of the players were already there does not mean they were good enough to make a run. He is the one that stabilized the roster and improved the bottom of the roster.

That can't be denied.

Comment

• You are called strawman because I didn't say he was overrated. But his imprint there is.

Comment

• ...and I am saying you are wrong because he had input on resigning Kane and Towes.

I did not understand why Hossa decided to jump to the Hawks when he had a good thing going with the Wings but, there might have been a bit of conversation with his Agent and Bowman and knowledge of his future intents may have been discussed. ......which is a huge imprint if my theoretical logic is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X