Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Mantha and Bert are already in GR. There isn't anyone else on the Wings roster besides the young Russian dman that can be sent down that doesn't have to go through waivers besides Larkin. Helm and Dats are both coming back, unless Holland makes a trade we have to send someone down. Jurco WILL NOT make it through waivers and Anderson prob won't either. Unless we make a trade we have no choice.
    Time to cut Cleary.;-)
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Larkin kept up his point streak with a nice assist. Its going to be tough sending him down.

Dude, they aren't sending him down. NO WAY!!!
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It sounds like the Mule might be hurting again. I was hoping he could hold it together and make the bottom half of our lineup strong but he just needs to retire. He won't because of the length of his contract and we can't make him but he needs to hang'em up.

Detroit — Johan Franzen was a late scratch from Tuesday’s game because he wasn’t feeling well.

Blashill said Franzen became ill after he went home at the conclusion of the morning skate.

“When he went home today he didn’t feel good,” said Blashill, who didn’t have any information as to whether the illness had any link to the previous concussions Franzen had.

Franzen suffered a concussion in January and didn’t play again the rest of last season.

Franzen returned for training camp this season, and played four exhibition games and the first two regular season games.

Landon Ferraro replaced Franzen in the lineup.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman [ame="https://twitter.com/wingsfrontman/status/654709185561554944"]8m8 minutes ago[/ame] Wings GM Ken Holland confirms that Johan Franzen is being placed on long-term injured. Franzen has concussion-like symptoms.

Comment

• That sucks because no matter how much shit he gets the guys could still play. He scores goals even if he doesn't play as big as he is.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'll never forget that playoff series against Calgary where the goalie swung his stick at him like a baseball bat. No idea how Kip never got suspended for that shit
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I heard Franzen may have to retire due to the concussions.

Comment

• They said if his symptoms continue that would be the only option.

He lasted 2 games, I wonder if they are on the hook for the entire season when they should have known he likely would not last 5 games.

Comment

• If he was cleared, he was cleared. You can't not play the guy due to what you think could happen. They'll get salary cap relief due to placing him on long term IR.

Comment

• The thing is they can't force him to retire. Franzen could do this every year until his contract runs out which is probably whats he's doing. He's not wanting to leave all of that money on the table.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• So what?

Comment

• Wings will keep him on long term IR until his contract ends.

Comment

• It's not like he's come back and done this every season. The terrible concussion happened in January. From what has been reported, that's the post concussion symptoms started. From what he said, he probably wanted to give it a go. If he has to retire, it is better for him if he at least tried to come back once instead of not knowing. Newsflash, hardly any athlete wants to retire, that's the end of a profession they dedicating nearly their whole life to. There is no rush to get to the next stage in their career.

As for him wanting the money, he earned the money. The contract hasn't worked out for the Wings, but it was a fair contract at the time. He's had a lot of injuries and now this concussion stuff. He's not jaking it.

Comment

• Very well put. I'm okay with it as long as it doesn't count against our cap
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Pulkkinen just took one in the numbers but luckily cushioned himself from the boards with his neck. The Hab's Mitchell got the standard two in the box, but probably could be lighter in the wallet later on.

Hurry up and bubble wrap Larkin please.
                                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X