Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    The top TB forward is the smallest guy on the ice and would disagree with you
    I think what Malto is saying is that the top teams in the league now have a balance of size and speed... but that regardless they all have skill. The big brutes of today can stickhandle and position just like the finesse players, and the days where the Red Wings could skate circles around those bigger teams and pick them apart at will are over.

Comment

• Comment

• I want to point out that my criticism of Blashill was not meant to let Holland off the hook. I agree the defense corps is pretty bad. I still think there's enough talent to perform better than they have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I want to point out that my criticism of Blashill was not meant to let Holland off the hook. I agree the defense corps is pretty bad. I still think there's enough talent to perform better than they have.
          The only really significant move I can see is giving AA more ice time, which is something I think Blashill should be doing. What more is there to get out of this roster?

Comment

• It is less about Holland and Blashill, it isn't about Babcock. The team, the franchise needs a new apporach. Everyone in the organization is anchored to the way they've done it. They are anchored to their impressions of their prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              It is less about Holland and Blashill, it isn't about Babcock. The team, the franchise needs a new apporach. Everyone in the organization is anchored to the way they've done it. They are anchored to their impressions of their prospects.
              Right... a new direction with the exact same people sitting stagnant.

Do you even make sense to yourself?

If they're anchored... then the lines need to be cut and they need to be cast out to sea. Because they clearly aren't pulling up those anchors on their own.

How much longer should Red Wings fans patiently wait for your "new direction" to happen organically, Froot?
              Last edited by chemiclord; April 16, 2016, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Blashill did take forever to put Larkin on the power play. Also, late in games, I'm not sure why guys like Glendening or Helm are out there when they need goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  I think what Malto is saying is that the top teams in the league now have a balance of size and speed... but that regardless they all have skill. The big brutes of today can stickhandle and position just like the finesse players, and the days where the Red Wings could skate circles around those bigger teams and pick them apart at will are over.
                  Xactly!

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  Blashill did take forever to put Larkin on the power play. Also, late in games, I'm not sure why guys like Glendening or Helm are out there when they need goals.
                  I don't get the continued confidence in Helm. OK, so he has skills in practice. His contributions in games makes him a non factor.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Right... a new direction with the exact same people sitting stagnant.

Do you even make sense to yourself?

If they're anchored... then the lines need to be cut and they need to be cast out to sea. Because they clearly aren't pulling up those anchors on their own.

How much longer should Red Wings fans patiently wait for your "new direction" to happen organically, Froot?

Are you just a jerk all the time? A total jerk. If they hired a new staff I wouldn't argue. But keep being Jeff Moss part 2.

Comment

Are you just a jerk all the time? A total jerk. If they hired a new staff I wouldn't argue. But keep being Jeff Moss part 2.
                      Well, pardon me for thinking, "just be patient and let a new direction form" isn't exactly a sound franchise plan.

What over the last five years makes you think the light bulb is going to go on inside that front office any time soon? How much longer should Wings fans wait before they start demanding a shake up?

Please. Enlighten me.

Or... you can continue to waffle on the issue and try and deflect it uncomfortably some more, I suppose.

Comment

• Mrazek is starting tonight!!! Thank goodness!!!

I wish he was in net in Game 2 but its better late than never I guess. Brandon Smith is in as well and coach is splitting up Dats and Z
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It'd be really nice if coaches would make changes out of more than desperation.

Comment

Well, pardon me for thinking, "just be patient and let a new direction form" isn't exactly a sound franchise plan.

What over the last five years makes you think the light bulb is going to go on inside that front office any time soon? How much longer should Wings fans wait before they start demanding a shake up?

Please. Enlighten me.

Or... you can continue to waffle on the issue and try and deflect it uncomfortably some more, I suppose.
                            Yep you confirmed it, you are a jerk. Like I said if they cleaned out the front office I wouldn't argue. The time has come for a change. But I guess I'm not an internet tough guy who calls Holland a coward. If that means I don' t have the bona fides like you and Jeff Moss, so be it.

Comment

Yep you confirmed it, you are a jerk. Like I said if they cleaned out the front office I wouldn't argue. The time has come for a change. But I guess I'm not an internet tough guy who calls Holland a coward. If that means I don' t have the bona fides like you and Jeff Moss, so be it.
                              Well, if you'd answer the question maybe I wouldn't keep pressing you.

Your passive-aggressive non-answers don't cut it. If I'm being a jerk for demanding a change, how long am I supposed to wait before it's acceptable to demand such a change? When will it be acceptable to say that Holland has done jack shit and is afraid to take a risk? If the last five years doesn't look like cowardly inaction to you... what the hell will?

I am all for giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the success he had for a very long time. But, can you honestly tell me over the last five or six years, that there simply wasn't ANY good risks to take AT ALL? That there wasn't ANY Russian prospect to take a flyer on in the hope of luring them away from the KHL? That there wasn't ANY plus trade that could have possibly been made for all the prospects Holland is so determined to keep in Grand Rapids?

I'm sorry if you think I'm being a jerk. But I see it as I've had enough. Ever since he struck out on Pavise and Suter, he's been sitting on his hands, and even those offers were sandwiched by a couple years of nigh entire inactivity outside of resigning Dan Cleary and Todd Bertuzzi.

What explanation can you come up with? The only one I can is that he's scared. He's scared of striking out on a big risk and missing the playoffs because of it.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; April 17, 2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

It'd be really nice if coaches would make changes out of more than desperation.
                                Unfortunately there's a lot of truth with that statement
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X