• [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Red Wings win tonight. Guaranteed.
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Called it.

Comment

• It feels different rooting against the Wings. I'd like them to get that top pick but I feel dirty in doing so
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I couldn't post the whole article because I wanted to throw up. I love how Blashit says Sheahan is a defense first type forward yet his +/- is sitting at a killer -22. WTF are you smoking dude?

Riley Sheahan’s struggles offensively this season are well known, not having scored a goal in 66 games entering Thursday’s game against Arizona.

But this is a player who has scored 14 and 13 goals the past two seasons, and was expected to produce just as much this season.

In coach Jeff Blashill’s estimation, Sheahan is still capable of being that type of player again in the future.

“History,” said Blashill, without hesitation, when asked this week why he thinks Sheahan can still be a double-digit goal-scorer. “I look at career averages and say that’s probably what they are, up until now (this season). Isn’t that the existentialist theory — you are what you do?

“That’s why I think that, because he’s done it in the past.”

In many fans’ minds, Sheahan’s struggles have typified the Red Wings’ this season.

In a season filled with players slumping or performing below career averages, Sheahan has fallen the most.

Many fans have bristled on social media, wondering why Sheahan hasn’t been benched or seen his playing time cut.

But Blashill has been consistent in his belief Sheahan’s importance to the lineup goes beyond offense.

Sheahan’s size and defensive ability make him a valuable presence, Blashill said, and offense isn’t the sole department in which Sheahan’s value is based.

“He’s a defense-first type of player, which ultimately means he’s going to play in this league a long time, guaranteed, I’ve told him that,” Blashill said. “Some guys come and go, but he’ll stay in this league because he’s a 6-foot-2 big body that is good defensively.

“I’ve had him matched against (Ryan) Kesler, (Ryan) Getzlaf, (Patrice) Bergeron, and he can handle those match-ups. Some guys purely don’t have the skill set to handle those match-ups.

“He will score again. But he’s got to make sure he still a good two-way player.”

Sheahan was a defense-first, shut-down center at Notre Dame, and those characteristics have followed him to the NHL.

“It’s a fine line between anticipating, or cheating, for offense, and he’ll never be somebody who cheats for offense,” Blashill said. “It’ll mean sometimes he’s going to have years where the offense doesn’t go, but he’s still a useful player because even when he’s not scoring he can still do other things like match up against the other team’s best player. He can still be strong on the puck and give you time in the offensive zone.”

Sheahan’s offensive struggles have increased national and local media attention on the subject.

But Blashill feels it’s a non-story.

“I wouldn’t even think about it and he wouldn’t think about it a whole lot if he weren’t asked about it,” Blashill said. “Given the playing situations he’s been in, he’s played good. For whatever reason, it hasn’t resulted in a goal.

“It’s unfortunate; he’s had opportunities. He has shown up on chances for, not to the (degree) of a year or two ago, but part of that is he’s spent more time on the fourth line this year, so that dictates how many chances you get.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well Sheahan wasn't struggling offensively and scoring more his plus minus would be much higher. Can't you see the big picture jaadam?

Comment

• You're right man. Blashit has the bigger picture to worry about and Sheahan is a vital piece of that.

67 games.. 0 goals..

At least he's not there by himself though. There's a few other schlep rocks not scoring this far into the season. Howard and Mrazek have zero as well.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Reports were Montreal was interested in Sheahan at the trade deadline in exchange for high draft pick or picks. Ken Holland told them to gtfo. Holland said this team is good and just needs some tweaking to make the playoffs next year, and he's not rebuilding! That would take 10 to 15 years in his opinion.

Meanwhile, 18-year-old defenceman Jakob Chychrun who Ken Holland didn't want to draft, is already playing in the NHL and people are noticing it. Kid looks like a star in the making as projected..... well besides Ken Holland. Last night. 19 minutes - 3 hits, 2 blocked shots, 3 shots, game-tying goal and plus 1

Comment

• Tomas Jurco trashs Detroit as boring and takes jab at coaches also. lol whatever ...

Comment

• If that's true about Sheahan, Holland needs to be fired immediately
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Pardon me, it was the Mapleleafs who wanted him, along with other teams. What a joke Holland is!

3-4 teams interested in Red Wings F Riley Sheahan

Toronto Maple Leafs Reportedly Interested in Detroit Red Wings’ Riley Sheahan

According to Sportsnet's Hockey Insiders,the Toronto Maple Leafs have expressed interest in Detroit Red Wings' forward Riley Sheahan.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Tomas Jurco trashs Detroit as boring and takes jab at coaches also. lol whatever ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...ring/99300468/
                          Wow.

It is one thing to trash the coach and the system but, to trash the Area?

Wow.

Good luck in the future. Jurko.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• What Jurco said about the Wings is true and it shows in their play.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Wow.

It is one thing to trash the coach and the system but, to trash the Area?
                              Don't get your panties in a bunch brother. Is it really a stretch to call Chicago more exciting than Detroit? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Detroit homer and love the way that city is building but Chicago is one of the coolest cities in the US.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                Don't get your panties in a bunch brother. Is it really a stretch to call Chicago more exciting than Detroit? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Detroit homer and love the way that city is building but Chicago is one of the coolest cities in the US.
                                I am not knocking the fact he might like Chicago better than Detroit. Hell, the whole world does.

I am knocking the fact he said he and his girlfriend were bored because there is nothing to do. Which I translated to: My girlfriend and I were bored and it is refreshing to have new surroundings to explore.

Not the way it came out the way he said it though.

Edit: He was spot on with the coaching staff and the hockey mentality going on with the Coaching and FO staff, though.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X