No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw, I'm paying $7 for a car rental in Detroit in December for a "Wayne County Stadium Tax."

Your tax dollars at work, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Yet another example of why public funded stadiums are one of modern days biggest scams.

In San Diego we told the Chargers to go fuck themselves. Now they can't even sell out a 30,000 seat stadium.
      Not to menrion most of the people who attend are fans of the other team. There are virtually no fans of the Chargers in LA and the people of San Diego disowned them.
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• They are a scam, but I do think the existence of Ford Field and Comerica was part of the start of revitalization of that downtown area. But that is a special case, they literally put two stadiums in the middle of an urban ghost town.

It remains to be seen what palpable impact the LCA will have. I can say for sure both the Joe and the Palace were loved but you would have to squint to see any impact they had in the surrounding areas. If nobody shows up for these Piston games it will be 41 pies to the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Btw, I'm paying $7 for a car rental in Detroit in December for a "Wayne County Stadium Tax."

Your tax dollars at work, folks.
          The stadium tax was levied when the Silverdome was built. The taxpayers of the City of Pontiac lost millions on the Siverdome.

Once the tax was levied, you don't think the powers that be are going to revoke it do you?

......and I do believe revenues from that tax were used for FF, Comerica Park and LCA.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Chargers plan was a "hotel tax."

These politicians never seem to fail to fuck over the citizens so one owner can become richer.

Comment

• Ya, The majority of Chargers fans I know straight up disowned them. I knew people with extensive collections of helmets, jerseys, autographs they had in their office and at home. They got rid of all of it.

Mayor Faulconer said it best. "The Chargers lost San Diego, San Diego didn't lose the Chargers."

Comment

• 10-1?

I'm glad I didn't watch the game.

Comment

• Cant make this up, exactly 22 years to the day since the Red Wings' 11-1 rout of Patrick Roy and the Canadiens on Dec. 2, 1995. Roy's last game in Montreal.

Comment

• To complete the cycle of history, Mrazek would have to demand a trade to somewhere else, then have that team eliminate the Canadiens in the conference finals, though.

It would also start a roughly 20-year trek through the wasteland for the Red Wings.

Comment

• They need to run Holland and Blashill out on a rail like they did in O Brother Where Art Thou.

Comment

• Tough time to be a Detroit sports fan...

And those that think the Pistons will keep it going are fooling themselves too I predict.

Comment

• Nothing warms my heart more than seeing Froot turn on Holland.

Comment

• It's been a couple of years now, he had his chance and he has well overstayed his welcome.
                            Last edited by froot loops; December 4, 2017, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Normally, I'm pretty good at "mobile English"... but I'm stumped this time.

I'll just smile and nod in agreement.

Comment

• Fixed now

Comment

Working...
                                X