No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the edit was it one of Froots best of all time posts?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Nope, that was a below average, the lesson is always proof read. Let that be a lesson you come away with in this post.

Comment

• Only thing worse than the red wings tonight was the NBC announcers. The one of them must have a hate for Detroit or love of Boston. Almost unwatchable due to the Boston praise for players even going into their farm team.

Larkin scores a short handed goal and he mentions that makes up for a mistake in recent past.

It sucks because NBC has a lot of games.

Also why is Zetterburg playing in OT? He is too slow and caused the play to break down. Seems strange when you could put a lot more speed out there to take advantage of open ice.
        AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Blashill is suuuuuccccchhhhhhhh a good coach
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Wings seem to like is script of blowing a one-goal lead in the third, going to OT, and then letting the other team skate away with the W.

As for Zetterberg, Blashill seems to think he's still in his late 20s. His decisions about handing out ice time are very questionable.

I also question his offensive strategy. They scored two goals today. One was on the power play and the other was a shorthanded breakaway. Other than that they couldn't score.

Part of the offense's problem is a lack of goal scorers. But another issue is that this team was built for puck possession and he has them playing dump and chase. Holland has been pursuing larger players in the draft but that's only been a recent development.

If they miss the playoffs again, hopefully there's a star waiting to be drafted and the Wings can get that #1 pick. Mantha's a decent goal scorer but he's the only one in this system. AA barely gets any time and recently he's been on lines with less skilled players. And for all the Larkin talk, I think the guy is just a decent complementary player. He's not going to carry a franchise. If you put him on a line with a guy like Datsyuk or Zetterberg in their primes, he'll probably do very well but he's not in the class of an Yzerman, Fedorov, Zetterberg, or Datsyuk.

Comment

• Right now we’re sitting in the 4th spot and yes it appears this draft is pretty decent up top. There’s several high end defensemen with the top prospect being elite status and he’s from.... wait for it.... wait for it

Sweden.

1.) Rasmus Dahlin, D, 6-foot-2, 183 pounds (Frolunda, SHL): Possesses every element necessary to become a top-pairing NHL defenceman. Don’t be surprised if he goes wire-to-wire in this spot.

The second ranked prospect is close to home since we have his brother in Grand Rapids (Evgeny Svechnikov)

2.) Andrei Svechnikov, RW, 6-foot-2, 187 pounds (Barrie Colts, OHL): Barrie head coach Dale Hawerchuk should augment an already solid offensive game. Svechnikov has the ability to impact each shift in a variety of ways.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Mosquito!!! I love the nickname. In all honesty it sounds a lot like Lids where he was always in position. Not saying he’ll be the greatest of all time but his game sounds similar positional wise

"In Sweden, we say [Dahlin] has the vision of a mosquito," Frolunda general manager Fredrik Sjostrom said. "If you try and hit a mosquito, the mosquito can get away because it can process in slow motion. That's kind of how Rasmus is. He never gets caught or is put in a bad situation because it doesn't ever come to that. He can see where the guy is going to go and can move the other way. It looks easy, but I know it isn't. I played this game, and I could never do the things he does."
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Caputo was talking about some "D" player coming out who's suppose to be the best to come along in years. Said he would start from the get go. Don't ask me his name.

I see jaad has it covered.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Dahlin is still young. Not sure if that’s who he was talking about
                    Last edited by jaadam4; December 14, 2017, 01:23 PM.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Larkin is legit. Undersized but he has speed to make up for it. Agree he is no Yzerman or Datsyuk but who is.

Larkin, Martha, and AA are the only keepers. The team is a wreck.
                      AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Larkin is a good player. He's just not a superstar.

Comment

• Larkin, Mantha, AA, Frk, Bert Jr and even Tatar and Nyquist are a decent core. We need an Allstar C and several defensemen.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Our defense needs a stud. Our backend is terrible
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Mantha won’t ever be Todd Bertuzzi in his prime but he can be an all star PF. We need a true playmaking center to tie them all together. I agree Larkin is def legit I just see him more as a wing than a center
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Didn't they make him change positions?

Comment

Working...
                                X