No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL leaving really exposed the blue line. He was stud and ate up a ton of minutes. Being able to score on a consistent basis will also help the blue line a bit.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• You cant replace a guy like him and Holland found that out, meanwhile Babcock loses game 7 to Boston

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        You cant replace a guy like him and Holland found that out, meanwhile Babcock loses game 7 to Boston
        You can't replace someone like Lidstrom, no. But it shouldn't take 7 years to at least find adequate.

Comment

• Backcock is getting ripped big time on twitter after losing game 7 tonight

Comment

• Sharks vs Las Vegas Knights right now game 7

VGK up 1-0 late first

Comment

• Toronto Maple Leafs remain 1 of 2 NHL teams (Florida) without a playoff series victory in the Salary Cap Era

Comment

• I"be been watching the Wings for nearly 40 years and I can name off 4 defensemen they have developed that turned into good defensemen:

Nick Lidstrom
                Vladimir Konstantinov
                Niklas Kronwall
                Jonathan Ericsson

There are a few more with DeKyser and Dandenault, but most of the time they had to trade a lot of treasure to get decent defensemen. You can find forwards, but you can go a long time trying to find a blue liner. It's why they beg and plead for these guys to stay even after they have surpassed their expiration date. Right now they would be a fairly dangerous team with two new defenders.

Really, the Wings glory years were basically the Lidstrom years. The dude was so good he could make any graybeard defenseman instantly better.
                Last edited by froot loops; April 23, 2019, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• This game is crazy! Sharks were down 0-3 and have scored 4 goals on a powerplay in the 3rd to take the lead - game 7 playoff hockey!

Comment

• lol Joe Thornton what a bum, cant clear Vegas scores with a goalie pulled OT Unreal!

Comment

• This matches that Duck comeback vs the Oilers whoever wins

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I"be been watching the Wings for nearly 40 years and I can name off 4 defensemen they have developed that turned into good defensemen:

Nick Lidstrom
                        Vladimir Konstantinov
                        Niklas Kronwall
                        Jonathan Ericsson

There are a few more with DeKyser and Dandenault, but most of the time they had to trade a lot of treasure to get decent defensemen. You can find forwards, but you can go a long time trying to find a blue liner. It's why they beg and plead for these guys to stay even after they have surpassed their expiration date. Right now they would be a fairly dangerous team with two new defenders.

Really, the Wings glory years were basically the Lidstrom years. The dude was so good he could make any graybeard defenseman instantly better.
                        I'm offended by Ericsson being on this list. He's terrible and I will not discuss him any further.

You missed Steve Chiasson and could probably include Jiri Fischer but that's a very sobering list. I can't believe thats all the homegrown defensemen in the last handful of decades.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ericsson is better than Chiasson was, Ericsson's big problem was the contract and being thrust into having to play top pair minutes. Fischer may have turned out, we'll never know but his short career was filled with a lot of bad Jiri moments.

I'm not sure how bad or good the Red Wings are at finding and developing good blue liners, I suspect of you made similar lists of other teams it wouldn't be very long. It is hard to find really good defensemen and once you get them you try to keep them.
                          Last edited by froot loops; April 24, 2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Ill take Reed Larson over both

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Ill take Reed Larson over both
                              lol.. how far back are you going bro?
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

lol.. how far back are you going bro?
                                To your cradle, grasshopper.michael scott wink GIF
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X