No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a toguh choice. Hossa has been as good as advertised. WHat each player does in the playoffs will play the biggest role on which way Holland leans.
    My hipocracy goes only so far.

Comment

• If they want to be Red Wings we could keep them all. They would get more on the open market if they want the weakening $. If they choose that path, screw them. Some other good player will be available willing to take less for a better shot at getting his name on the cup.

Comment

• Gee, FC, you've been taking your Bill Ford pills. "If they wanna leave us for more money--fuck 'em! We'll get other guys, and still win!" It's not like the Wings win every year. There are some damn good hockey clubs out there, and one of them is about three or four games better than the Wings right now.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Actually, FCR makes a pretty good point.

Players have taken less to put on the Winged Wheel. Hell, that's the reason Hossa is a Red Wing right now. Dude literally left millions and long term security on the table to sign a one year contract.

Comment

• You play for under market value if you want the priviledge of wearing the Winged Wheel. Otherwise, go enjoy yourself, and work on your golf game in your longer off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Actually, FCR makes a pretty good point.

Players have taken less to put on the Winged Wheel. Hell, that's the reason Hossa is a Red Wing right now. Dude literally left millions and long term security on the table to sign a one year contract.
              Name another.

Edit--dumb on my part, LOL. I could name several, too. But they aren't taking less for the privilege of wearing the Winged Wheel--it's because they've been in the League forever and want their names on the Cup. That's what happened when they signed Robitaille, Hull and Hasek.

Comment

• Well, yeah.

It's not so much the Winged Wheel but the tradition of winning that has been established. I have very little doubt that if Franzen leaves (and I wouldn't blame him if what I suspect is going to happen happens), the Wings will be able to find someone that can fill that role or adjust their strategy to compensate.
                Last edited by chemiclord; December 26, 2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• I know i'm being greedy but it sure wouldve been nice to see Sundin in the Red and White this year too..

Hossa-Dats-Homer
                  Franzen-Z-Sundin

OUCH!! Sundin shouldve signed with us for a dollar. Have fun in Vancouver dummy.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ty Conklin!

Gets a shutout tonight vs. Blackhawks at JLA.

He'll get the call for the outdoor game at Wrigley on NY'sD.
                    ------------
                    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Red Wings down 3-1 get 5 unanswered goals and hold a 6-3 lead 3 1/2 mins into the third at Wrigley.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Datsyuk's end-to-end goal was awesome.

Comment

• He has been on a serious tear. I think he had something like 7 goals and 6 assists in his last seven games before this one. He's turning into Sergei before our eyes.

Comment

• Feds was something when he was here. Man he could play.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Good win against the Jackets, and another shutout for Conklin
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Shutout, but they hit the post 3 times. Jackets look like they play some pretty good defense and have a real good young Goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X