Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FVD View Post
    Yeah, I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw Bettman's name scroll across the screen.
    Well, he has accomplished quite a lot for hockey; He designed no less than three lockouts by taking up residence in whichever crusty team owner's sphincter cottage he could gain entry. He strenuously ignored every market north of the mason-dixon and spited the entire country of America's Hat-anada by moving their teams to the lands of swamp ass and catfish. He aided in changing rules so we could grind a free flowing sport down to the excitement of watching a snail dry hump a sloth dipped in molasses. Then, he helped fix it all by changing more rules. Now, we are treated to speed skaters, space-aged-self-snapping sticks, and goalies with mega heavy flow pads...with wings. He helped make Patrick Fuckface Roy relevant. It must be exhausting looking like an undertaker who was carved out of Manhattan drift-poop. But, it doesn't hinder him from exchanging rub-n-tugs with Goodell for information on how to hide concussion data. Instead of the Hall in Toronto, I vote for a statue of him sitting on a cactus in Phoenix. Or if we want someone to actually stumble by a hockey arena to see his statue, maybe one of him in in Sunrise, Florida where the occasional blue-haired snowbird might happen upon it whilst getting a tune up on their hoveround.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Hmmmmmmmmpf!

I wouldn't need the hoveround if I didn't play sports when I was younger.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I am honestly surprised that the Red Wings offered AA a contract (considering they don't seem to like him very much), and even more surprised AA signed it rather than getting out of Dodge as soon as he could.

Comment

• Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Comment

• I dunno, I think he certainly has that potential. Gotta remember, Yzerman was a pretty one-dimensional scorer himself for more than a few years. It really took time (and the addition of players who were actually more suited to be the finisher) for him to round out into that two-way player that Red Wings fans admire.

This extension isn't particularly onerous, really... 5 years at $6 mil/year for a 22-year old whose already demonstrated he can score isn't what I'd consider overpaying (the corpse of Zetterberg would have been making damn near that much for the next three years). Fuck, Franzen is technically still on the Wings' books for $4 mil. Larkin was one of the most "valuable" players in the league per point last season, and I really don't see any scenario where he was going to get more affordable in the future.

Could it be a bad move? Sure. Hell, he could get Eric Lindross'd over the next two years. Worrying about what might happen and refusing to commit long term to players is how you wind up buried at the bottom of the standings with no clear way out because you're consistently losing them to FA.

Comment

• I agree with Chemi. I agree Larkyn is not that once in a generation player but, his youth, talent, and drive to improve makes that contract a value. He will be underpaid in two years and I would not be surprised to hear his camp is not happy with this contract ala Sergi Federov.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      I agree with Chemi. I agree Larkyn is not that once in a generation player but, his youth, talent, and drive to improve makes that contract a value. He will be underpaid in two years and I would not be surprised to hear his camp is not happy with this contract ala Sergi Federov.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        I agree with Chemi. I agree Larkyn is not that once in a generation player but, his youth, talent, and drive to improve makes that contract a value. He will be underpaid in two years and I would not be surprised to hear his camp is not happy with this contract ala Sergi Federov.
                        If Larkin actually starts putting up Sergei Federov numbers and production and two-way play, then that's certainly a discussion he can have with Wings' ownership in 2-3 years. That's about when they'd start talking about the next extension anyway.

Comment

• lol... Sergei Federov? Dude, Larkin will never be the player Feds was. Federov was a special talent that ranked with the greats
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            lol... Sergei Federov? Dude, Larkin will never be the player Feds was. Federov was a special talent that ranked with the greats
                            I was humoring the analogy.

Comment

• my bad bro
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Redwings are still around? Colour me shocked. The next thing you're going to tell me the pistons are still playing.

In all seriousness, the wing have slid to the darkness under Harkness level. It appears that there is no urgency to have a good team as long as the team makes money. What's Brad Parks up to these days?
                                Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X