Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Besides, even if the Wings did get the #1 pick, you know Holland would do something like trade it for Zdeno Chara and a late rounder.

Comment

• Or keep him in GR for 5 years too long
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I've never heard anything about Kelly being kept from the rafters but he did spike a trade to the Rangers and went to the Maple leafs instead for their dynasty. Its the right thing to do, but there wasn't a groundswell for it either. Its all very stupid.

Comment

• They are very bad, just like in retrospect where it became obvious how much they relied on Lidstrom it is coming home to roost on how much they relied on Zetterberg. The dude probably wrecked his back the last two years suiting up for a crap team.

Losing for Hughes is a given, they don't even have to try to tank.

The Wings are hockey version of the 49ers. For 20 years they were the gold standard in hockey as far as organizations go, but once the great players retire it becomes obvious how much of that excellence was rooted in the players. There is no foundation, there are no forward thinkers. Nobody on the roster is very exciting or look to be part of a core. Its all very depressing.

Comment

• They have the over/under at 75 1/2 points for the season. That's pretty depressing.

(It's 3rd from the bottom)

Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  They are very bad, just like in retrospect where it became obvious how much they relied on Lidstrom it is coming home to roost on how much they relied on Zetterberg. The dude probably wrecked his back the last two years suiting up for a crap team.

Losing for Hughes is a given, they don't even have to try to tank.

The Wings are hockey version of the 49ers. For 20 years they were the gold standard in hockey as far as organizations go, but once the great players retire it becomes obvious how much of that excellence was rooted in the players. There is no foundation, there are no forward thinkers. Nobody on the roster is very exciting or look to be part of a core. Its all very depressing.
                  I remember Lidstrom's last few years and it was pretty evident how much he was holding the defense together. We went from having a stacked D to watching Brian Rafalski, Brad Stuart and Mathew Schneider leave with no real replacements waiting in the wings. Lids was on his own.

I wouldn't trade the glory years for anything though. I lived in Denver Colorado for several of our cups and it was glorious walking through the streets in a Wings jersey. We even had a Red WIngs bar a stones throw from the Pepsi Center and it was awesome. Tons of Red Wings fans.

Great times.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Oh nobody is trading those times, just remember the next time you hear about how great an organization is, a lot of it is nonsense. Player procurement is partly skill and partly luck and nobody has a clue on how much of it is luck.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Since 1995 the top seed in the lottery has won only 9 times.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• His size is the only thing holding him back from being a superstar. He has got the smarts, speed, and hands.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

His size is the only thing holding him back from being a superstar. He has got the smarts, speed, and hands.
                              His height or weight? He's 6'1 and in todays NHL that's more than enough. I hope Stevie Y comes in next season. That would be a killer mentor for the lad.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

His height or weight? He's 6'1 and in todays NHL that's more than enough. I hope Stevie Y comes in next season. That would be a killer mentor for the lad.
                                Ya, 6'1 is considered to be big but I am guessing he is that height while on skates and standing on a podium.

If he were 6'3 in stocking feet and around 210-215 with his skills, he would be unstoppable.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X