No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so happy Boston lost! Congrats to da Blues and onto the draft. Think the Wings will land the Russian kid?

Comment

• Ducks have bought out Corey Perry, ending his incredible 14 year run in ANA. He is now a FA.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        Ducks have bought out Corey Perry, ending his incredible 14 year run in ANA. He is now a FA.
        No one likes the ducks
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
          I am so happy Boston lost! Congrats to da Blues and onto the draft. Think the Wings will land the Russian kid?
          I'm happy as shit Boston didn't win.

I hope Bowen Byram (D) falls to us. I don't see how he gets passed Chicago or LA but I can hope. If not I like Alex Turcotte or Dylan Cozens. The Russian you're referring to is Vasili Podkolzin. The kid can seriously play and has some grit to him as well. I'm not a huge fan that he has 2 years left on his deal with the KHL but if he didn't he wouldn't last to #6.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• We also have 3 second round draft picks. I'm crossing my fingers that Stevie Y packages them to move back up to the 1st round and nabs Spencer Knight (G). Goalies don't get picked in the first anymore because of the crapshoot and how long they take to develop but they say this kid is a sure fire starter with upside.

I'd take a chance on that.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• and I know it was lose for Hughes but I seriously think Kaapo Kakko will be the better pick. He's bigger and can flat out play. He was unreal at Worlds.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I dunno... while I get that defense is at a premium in the NHL, Seider feels like a bit of a reach at #6. I mean, it's not like the Red Wings were setting the league on fire offensively either. The value on the front side was much better at #6 here.

That said, offensive skaters are going to be the better value in the top ten in most cases. I'm okay with the pick, I guess, considering Byram was not surprisingly already off the board.
                Last edited by chemiclord; June 21, 2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Just think if Kenny would have made that pick

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Just think if Kenny would have made that pick
                    I'm not convinced Holland knows the defenseman position still exists.

Comment

• It's like taking an offensive lineman in football...The guys stats are less than thrilling but they seem to think he fits the bill for what they want in a defenseman.

Comment

• What the actual fuck? We picked a defenseman @ #6 who has little offensive ability? This feels like a major screw job
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Just think if Kenny would have made that pick
                          Holland would have been skewered for this one
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Holland actually took D at #8. I'm fine with taking D as we've ignored it in the first round of late, but this was an obvious reach. You never want to give up value and we should have traded down. That's the problem. It's not taking this guy, but it's taking him at #6 when you could add assets in a trade down. There were some really good offensive prospects on the board. I always think you go BPA regardless of need.

Stevie flat out said he thought the top 5 would go as it did, in whatever order. To not have trades lined up when the board went as you thought, and to still reach, there's just no excuse for it.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He was projected mid-first, from what I've seen. It's a reach... but not Tavai in the second level of reach.

There's this idea prevalent in Detroit fandom that trading down is something that you can do anytime and always find someone willing to deal, and it's a pretty ridiculous take. No one was trading up to #6 after all the "elite prospects" were off the board. Period.

Comment

Working...
                                X