• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yves Racine would be an improvement
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Meech would have been playing if he was better.

Comment

• The Wings love Meech, thats why I'm really suprised to hear them actually negotiating with him.

Maybe its just Holland being nice to him and not saying 'Yeah you're out of here shitbag"
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Obviously he thinks more of him than you do. If Lilja isn't re-signed, its more of Lilja's fault as he turned down the extension awhile back. Stuart came into the picture after that.

Comment

• I trust Holland on Lilja. He is not the worst 6th Dman in the league. We are just spoiled. Plus we haven't signed Stuart yet. The big question now is who is going to be our #2 goalie next year. Is Howard ready? The kid from Sweden needs to play at Grand Rapids anyway, so Howard should get his chance.

Comment

• Good point on Lilja FCR
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Lilja was really good in the Finals. I don't know what the complaining is about.
                I can tell you where mine comes from.......it is called being a crotchety old man.;)
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• If it keeps the rest of the Swedes happy resign him. I'd rather have Ericcson or Meech tho
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Congrats to Dom as well. What a career.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I saw this discussion and had to post it. It's a tough one for me.

Federov (in his prime) or Zetterberg. Which one would you choose?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Other defensemen go to the corner for the puck, take the hit that's coming, and continue on controlling the puck.

Lilja stops short to address the charging forechecker, many times losing possession. When he has the puck, he's a very poor passer with pressure coming. He turns the puck over way too often, his passes very often miss the tape of teammates and end up in the possession of the opposition.

I can't say I saw in the finals any grievous give aways in front of the net, but I still don't trust Lilja in the least. I'd be just as happy if they brought up the best defenseman from GR to fill his spot.
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I'd take Zetterberg over Federov, based as much on attitude as anything else. Plus Z hasn't seen his best hockey yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            I can't say I saw in the finals any grievous give aways in front of the net, but I still don't trust Lilja in the least. I'd be just as happy if they brought up the best defenseman from GR to fill his spot.
                            He had one that was really bad. He fell down when everyone else was up ice and created a breakaway for the Pens. I wanted to kill him. It was a 0-0 game at the time too. Ozzie made a killer save.

Great point about what he does in the corners. He does do that pull up shit which usually means someone has to bail him out or he turns the puck over.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• All our other Dmen are puck possession guys. Lilja just doesn't fit the mold. Meech does and Ericcson may develop that way. Ericcson needs to play in the NHL to improve. Either play him or trade him as he has a lot of value.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                He had one that was really bad. He fell down when everyone else was up ice and created a breakaway for the Pens. I wanted to kill him. It was a 0-0 game at the time too. Ozzie made a killer save.

Great point about what he does in the corners. He does do that pull up shit which usually means someone has to bail him out or he turns the puck over.
                                I forgot about that one, but I kind of forgave him for it because it looked like he lost an edge on a skate which happens to all players from time to time.

I didn't understand why Chelios was scratched and not Lilja. Chelios is the crafty veteran, and he should have gotten the call.
                                ------------
                                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Working...
                                X